31

The next morning, Satine gets dressed while Peter stays adorably asleep in his bed. She quietly leaves his room and makes her way down to the common room. She goes to the kitchen and gets herself a small bowl of cereal and leans against the island counter.

A few minutes later, a door opens and in walks Tony with his head in a tablet. He doesn't see her at first until he looks up for a quick second and has to do a doubletake.

"Hi." She smirks.

"Hi?" He raises a brow. "Why're you here so early?"

"I live here now."

"Alright." He nods and heads to the coffee.

"No, I just snuck in through Peter's balcony."

"He know that?" He smirks.

"Yeah." She chuckles. "I made him go back to sleep, though."

"When'd you even get here?" He leans his back against the counter next to her with his arms crossed.

"Not that long ago." She shrugs. "Lexi, one of my roommates, said I'm never there anymore." She chuckles.

"Yeah, you're always here." He shoves her head as he comes off the counter and she giggles.

"You know, you like me." She challenges. "I'll be your favorite one day."

"Says who?" He raises a brow with a small smile.

"Says the future." She smirks.

"You can see the future too now?" He shakes his head while heading to the living area.

"Yup." She follows after rinsing out her bowl.

"What's gonna happen?" He squints his eyes with a doubting smirk.

"Well." She sits a few spaces away from him with her legs crossed. "I'm going to be favored over Peter, definitely over the soldiers, Sam included." She points and he chuckles. "Hopefully, you know, just a 'hint, hint', I'm going to be an Avenger."

"Oh, yeah?" He raises a brow with a smirk.

"Oh, yeah." She nods surely.

"You gotta work a bit harder for that, kiddo." He shakes his head.

"Fine by me." She shrugs and sits back and he chuckles.

"If you're supposed to be my favorite, who's your favorite?" He nods.

"It was Spiderman and then Black Widow, but it's you."

"Are you being a suck up?"

"No." She chuckles and he smiles. "Not the bugs anymore."

"Bugs are gross." He teases.

"Rude." She quietly scoffs, making him chuckle.

-

Around an hour later, Satine is back in Peters room when all of a sudden, he barges through the door with a nervous look on his face, visible freaking out.

"What is wrong with you?" She shakes her head with wide eyes.

"You take birth control right?" He quickly asks. "'Cause I didn't use protection and it's not like I pu-"

"Peter."

"No, no, no, like, seriously, d-"

"Peter, you don't have to worry about that."

"Are you sure?" He sits across from her and grabs her shoulders.

"I am fully sure that I can't even get pregnant." She coos.

"What?" He furrows his brows while letting his hands slide down her arms to hold her hands.

"I can't get pregnant." She softly shakes her head.

"How do you know?" He tilts his head.

"... Do you remember when I said that I have a history?" She hesitates. "Our first fight together?"

"Yeah." He nods. "What is it?"

"Uh..." She looks down. "I'm... I'm from this place called The Red Room."

"What's that?"

"It's a secret organization that takes little girls from their families and raises them to be... Murder machines." Her eyes water. "In there, you learn computer science, history, everything that a normal school would teach and more. Hacking." She motions with a nod. "But...these girls are also trained to fight and be the best at it. Physical and weaponry. Guns, knifes, swords, whatever weapon you can think of, they have it. And for every girl...they have a graduation ceremony." A tear slips out with a shaky voice. "They sterilize you." She looks him in the eyes with her crying pair. "They did that when I was thirteen. 'Cause I could fight. I was good so they had the ceremony and I became Lovetap. Which is ironic because that sounds a lot like Lovebite." She cries while throwing her hand and avoiding eye-contact.

Peter pulls her into a hug around the neck and she throws her arms around his waist to hold tightly. She silently sobs on his chest with his hand on the back of her head.

"I only got out a year and a half ago."

He starts rubbing her back with sorry and worrisome tears in his eyes. He presses his lips to the top of her head and pulls her legs around his waist. He moves her arms around his neck and she pulls herself closer to him.

"I don't know what happened to you there, I don't wanna know, and you obviously don't want to tell, but, whatever happened, whatever you had to do there, I don't care." He softly assures. "You're no different to me than you were before. No matter what."

She takes a deep breath and nuzzles her head on his shoulder while he gently rubs her back to calm her as best he can.