9

Lunch comes around on Thursday and Satine decides to sit herself next to Peter instead of across from him, making him smile as he watched her move with his eyes.

"Hi." She softly smiles at him.

"Hi."

Ned and MJ make eye-contact from opposite ends of the table and she shakes her head while he smiles.

"I have made the decision to finally sit next to you, if that's alright with you?" She smirks with a slow nod.

"Yea-Yeah." He nods. "Yeah, that's fine."

"Good."

She turns forward in her seat and starts eating like all is normal and calm while their hearts race fast in their chests.

"When'd you become part of the losers club?" MJ asks.

"Oh, as soon as I got here." She shrugs with a smirk. "Aren't you?" She asks and Peter and Ned look at each other with raised brow and nervous smiles.

"Ha." She chuckles a scoff. "No." She shakes her head before turning back to her book.

Satine smiles and turns to Peter and Ned, who now have wide eyes and small smiles, making her chuckle at their fear. All smiles drop when Flash plops a seat across from Satine with a confused and smug smirk.

"Hey, Satine." He nods. "Was there some changed seating arrangements I didn't know about?" He chuckles. "Why're you sitting next to him now?"

"What's your issue, Flash?" She squints her eyes while setting her hand on Peters shoulder.

"He's my problem." He points and she nods. "The hell does he think he is?"

"Mhmm." She nods again.

"What?" He turns to Peter. "What're you playing at here? How'd you even manage to get her to sit with you? What does he have that I don't?"

"Well, my friends Peter and Ned over here are very smart. You know?" She nods with a smile while moving her arm on Peters shoulder. "Of course not. You probably don't even know what that word means." She chuckles. "You see?" She breathes while placing her hand on the table. "It means, they know how to deal with assholes like you without getting in trouble. Mind games." She taps her temple with a wink. "And they've been doing it this whole time." She chuckles. "You've just failed to notice anything because your fatass head can't fucking comprehend the fact that if you don't leave Peter the hell alone, I'm gonna do something about it and you do not want me to do something about it." She glares and near grits that entire sentence before smiling. "Okay? Now, run along, my dear." She shoos. "Go."

He scoffs with furrowed brows and grunts as he stands while she waves with her chin on her fist of the arm that rests on his shoulder.

"Alright, so, I'm gonna kill him, okay?" She looks at Peter with raised brows and a nod.

"Okay." He nervously nods.

"Great." She smirks. "Glad you agree."

She lifts her head and pats his shoulder while turning forward to continue eating. MJ, Ned, and Peter look at each other with raised brows and the boys slowly smile before eating as normal and MJ smirks with a nod at her book.

Satine, with her arm still on his shoulder, slowly takes it back. She gently drags her hand down his bicep while knowing that he's watching with excited anxiety.

-

While Peter sits zoned out in a armchair in the common room, the Avengers watch him to try to figure out what or who he's thinking about.

"Hey, Kid?" Tony smirks.

"Yeah?" He looks up at him.

"Who's on you mind?"

"My friend." He shrugs while trying to hold down his smile.

"Oooh." A majority of them tease.

"Shut up." He chuckles.

"Now, is this Ned, Lovebite, or the girl, whose name shall not be known?" Tony asks.

"The girl whose name shall not be known." He chuckles.

"Oooh!" They get louder.

"Why can't we know her name?" Clint shakes his head.

"'Cause you'll go looking her up and I don't want you to find her and mess with me." He shakes his head with raised brows.

"Whatever." Nat chuckles. "What'd she do that got you somewhere else?"

"Defended me against Flash."

"Flash is the bully?" Steve asks.

"Yeah."

"What'd she say?" Wanda smiles.

"Something about, if he doesn't leave me alone, she's gonna do something about it and he does not want her to do something about it." He explains with a smile.

"Well, damn." Sam nudges Bucky with a scoff.

"I have to meet her." Nat nods.

"No." Peter declines. "Not happening. Not yet, at least."

"You're boring." Pietro chuckles.

"Yeah, yeah."

-

The time has come for both Spiderman and Lovebite to finally leave home and hopefully see each other.

She goes about a mile away from the orphanage to keep Peter from figuring her out the way she doesn't want in case they do spot each other.

-

When Lovebite is just about to go back home, Spiderman drops at the building in front of her, making her smile.

"There he is." She jumps over to the ledge he stands near. "I was wondering if you'd show up. 'Course it had to be on my way home."

"Ah, yeah, and where is that exactly?" He squints his eyes.

"Hun, you're still not getting it are you?" She jumps down in front of him.

"Getting what?" He smirks.

"That's not how this game works."

"And what game is that?" He crosses his arms.

"The guessing game."

"Really?" He nods. "Got it. Okay. So, what are the rules?"

"Simple really." She starts walking around him. "Don't take off my mask. Don't follow me home. And wait for these special words..."

"And what words are those?" He raises a brow as she stops in front of him.

"You're a loser, Spiderman."

She sticks her arm out and swings away, leaving him to smile and let out a breathy chuckle while shaking his heads.

"How the hell am I supposed to figure her out?"