44

"Hey. Hey!" Tony calls as Satine and Peter head towards the balcony.

"What?!" She quickly turns with a confused smile and furrowed brows.

"Peter."

"Yeah?" He turns.

"Try not to let my kid fall." He teases and she squeaks a giggle.

"Ah, go, go, go." She pushes him out with a chuckle and they all smile with a few laughs before she's jumped and Peter's followed with a smile.

"I think she might like you more than Peter." Thor jokes.

"Nah." He waves it off. "Close second."

-

Spiderman and Lovebite have been out and about for a few hours and have already stopped two creeps and a guy trying to break into a building.

"I think the bad guys are all going on strike." Satine jokes from her spot on a roof, laying on her back while Peter keeps watch.

She hears him chuckle, making her smile a bit as she tilts her head to look at him. She quietly gets up and makes her way over to him, who stands with his arms crossed, and his mask on. She wraps an arm around his body to slowly graze her hand over his abs. He raises a brow and looks down at her movements with a growing smirk as she pushes her other hand under his arm to touch his chest.

"I love how you look in this suit." She sets her chin on his shoulder while staring at his mask.

"Oh, yeah?" He uncrosses his arms and wraps them around her to pull her closer by her butt, making a grin grow on her lips.

"Hmm." She sighs. "Do you remember when you told me that my suit fits well..?" She slowly brings her hands up his chest, to his neck, and down his abs, near his area, while he keeps his head down with a small grin. "Or that I have a great body..?"

"You mean, when I embarrassed the hell out of myself?" He nods and she chuckles.

"Well, I think it worked." She nods with raised brows. "How many times have you seen me naked by now?"

"Lost count." He smirks.

"What a great pickup line." She breathes a nod.

He takes a deep breath while looking up and she moves her hand to lightly choke him.

"Do you want to g-"

A noise someways down the street interrupts them and they instantly turn their heads and slowly let go of each other. She puts her mask back on and they quietly web themselves closer to see a van with a driver and passenger in the front and four men waiting in front of the open doors.

"That looks like something to worry about." She nods.

"Drug deal or something else?" He looks around for more men.

"...Something else." She shakes her head.

Soon enough, two men come out of an apartment building, holding a young girls about their age by her arms with tape over her mouth while she struggles to get away with her wrists taped together behind her back. The five smile and one grabs her and pulls her in the back of the van with him before the rest of them follow her in and shut the doors behind them.

Before saying anything to Spider, Bite is already swinging towards the van as it quickly pulls away. He nods sideways and follows her to land silently on the roof. Without having to discuss what they'll do, they both web up the door handles and pull them open, startling the group in the back.

One gets up and goes to close it as the others turn their attention back to the terrified girl. As soon as they turn their backs to him, they whip their heads around at the sound of ones shout of fright as he's pulled out of the van, sent rolling to the street. Two jumps up and hurries over just before two feet hit him hard in the chest. Lovebite lands inside as he hits the floor and she grabs his ankles and throws him out. He's caught by Spiderman seconds before he hits the ground and attached to a passing light pole.

Three and four stand with sharp glares and three goes to grab her, but is thrown over her and to the floor by his now broken wrist. He shouts in pain and sudden fright and Spiderman comes in and is about punched by Four, but Spider blocked his punch and knees him in the gut before swinging his elbow to his temple to knock him out.

Bite grabbed the girl when Spider came in and got her out and to a nearby roof.

"Are you okay?" She quickly tears the tape holding her wrists together and gently takes it off her mouth. "Did they touch you?" She looks her over for any signs of pain or bad touching.

"N-No." She shakes her head with wide eyes. "They didn't get to."

"Are you sure?" She cups her cheeks.

"Uh-huh." She nods.

"Okay, I will be back."

She swings away and the girl hurries to the edge to see her shatter the passengers window with her fist and tear him from his seat. This causes the driver to stop in an instant with wide eyes before his door is flung open and Spider throws him to the ground. Both Spiders knock the men out with a bit more for the passenger from Bite before they're webbed up just like the other six.

Carol, Bites AI, gets the police and Spider finishes huddling the bad guys up while she goes back to the girl. She grabs her and swings her back to her apartment building and in the front doors.

"What's your name?" She asks as the girl just stares at her with wide eyes.

"Izzy."

"Izzy." She softly nods. "I am Lovebite."

"I know." She states as they get to the second floor, her floor.

"Right, well, Izzy, you're going to be just fine." She assures with her hands on her shoulders. "Which one's yours?"

"This one." She shakily points.

Bite opens the door for her and they both walk in and she locks the door behind her. She leads her to the bathroom where Bite makes her wash her feet because the floors are gross and she was walking around bearfoot.

By the time Bite gets her back in bed, Izzy has calmed a bit from the shock and is smiling at the new hero in front of her, making her smile beneath her mask.

"Be careful." Bite nods as she lays down. "Lock all your doors and windows and, if you can, lock your bedroom door too." She points. "We're not taking anymore chances."

"Okay." She nods from her spot in her bed.

"Goodbye, Izzy." She chuckles while closing the door.

"Bye. Lovebite."

She makes it back to the roof where Peter waits for her and watches the cops take the failed kidnappers away.

"Alright." Satine claps. "Where were we?"

She is again stopped by a noise, but from the other side of the city.

"Oh, you have got to be shitting me."