Chapter 8: Unexpected Guests

Start from the beginning

Lin Luoqing opened the door and allowed Chen Feng- that was, Lin Luoqing's stepmother- to enter.

"Sit," he said politely.

As Lin Fei was switching shoes, he peered over at Lin Fei but maintained his silence. 

Lin Luoqing watches Lin Fei finish switching shoes before pulling him into the kitchen. He opened the fridge and placed the groceries on the shelves. 

"From now on, whenever you are hungry, just grab some food from here.  You are still young. As such, you should not easily play with fire. If you are hungry, snack on some bread and crackers first. Wait for Uncle to come home to cook."

Lin Fei glanced up at him and displayed obvious doubt at his "Wait for Uncle to come home to cook" statement.

Lin Luoqing analyzed Lin Fei's three points doubt, three points disbelief, and four points of confusion in his gaze and could not help but reach over to pinch his cheek. He mused silently in his heart, why was it that just as he was about to drop his guard, Lin Fei would draw up some sort of statistics chart? If this continued, he would become a statistics professional!

"Trust me." Lin Luoqing gently shook the cheeks he pinched. 

Lin Fei gave him an "oh," and did not bother to argue with him over the matter. 

It was only then that Lin Luoqing released him. He sees that Lin Fei's cheeks had reddened from him pinch and helped him rub and caress it with a laugh. Lin Fei slightly dodged, did not escape, and went with Lin Luoqing's actions. 

"Let's go, " Lin Luqoing stood up and supported his shoulder, "After eating, it should be time for your homework."

Lin Fei did not reply.

Lin Luoqing sent him back to his room. He leaned against the doorframe as he said, "I still have some things to say with the grandma outside. Once I'm finished, you can come out again, alright?"

The Chen Feng who sat not far away:???Grandma?! How did she suddenly become a grandma?

Chen Feng glared at Lin Luoqing fiercely but taking into consideration her purpose and request for Lin Luqoing into account, she could only endure it. 

Lin Fei nodded and sat at his study table. 

Lin Luoqing watches him take a book out from his bookbag and closed the door behind him. He walked towards Chen Feng.

Howeverm the moment Lin Luoqing left, Lin Fei placed his book down. 

He's seen this grandma before, Lin Fei mused to himself. He remembered that she had came to his house before. Lin Fei could not hear what she had once said to his mother but did remember that his mother's eyes had reddened with tears after their discussion. 

So what was she here for now?

Did it have something to do with him? With his mother?

As Lin Fei ponders, he stood up and quietly walked over to the door. He leaned against it and strained to hear the conversation outside. 

Lin Luoqing returned to the living room and sat in the recliner across from Chen Feng. 

He watches Chen Feng and smiled, "Auntie, why are you here?"

As Chen Feng hears this, she smiled and said gently, "Luo Luo, I came bearing good news today."

"What good news?"

"Of course the good news concerning your wedding, "Chen Feng stated, "Your father has already decided, you will take the place of Xiao Jing and marry Ji Yuxiao. What king of family is the Ji Family, I'm sure we all know. This is really marrying into a wealthy family! Just think of the prestige and wealth, and all the privilege you would enjoy." *Xiao Jing is a more affectionate nickname for Lin Luojing, Lin Luoqing's stepbrother.*