Part II - Chapter 15

Start from the beginning

My dad hooks his fingers under my chin lifting my bowed head to face him. Once my eyes reach his confused and concerned ones it's like a dam breaks and I let all my emotions out.

The past few days I've been in recovery and people have always been around, and now that no one is here to see me break besides for the people I trust the most, I finally start to feel everything.

It's like my body and minds been on auto pilot mode. Like I didn't get shot and instead my leg is just for some reason aching. Or that I didn't bleed out in a field and my brother had to watch me basically die. Like I didn't shoot Anthony in the neck and watch the horrendous sight of him choking on his own blood.

I cry into Dads chest as I hit my fists against him. I am so tired, and frustrated. He lets me cry until my body mellows out and all that's left is the single tears running down my cheek.

"Talk to me." He whispers.

"I'm frustrated."

"About what." He starts pulling my hair out of my face.

"Everything."

"Can you elaborate?"

"My leg and tummy hurts. It hurts to move and breathe. My whole body feels so tired and I can't get killing Anthony out of my head. I feel so frustrated and I just want for it all to go away." I vent to him. He listens quietly and nods at what I said.

"Do you think that maybe you're feeling frustrated because you are starting fresh? That might sound confusing but just listen," He starts. He wraps my hands in his and makes me look at him. "Your whole life you've been on the run, and now that all of those threats are gone you don't know what to do. Let me guess? You want to move on but the physical and mental reminders are what's making you frustrated?" He explains what I am feeling perfectly. I mean I didn't even know what I was feeling but the second he said it I instantly knew that was it.

I wipe my eyes before answering. "You know me better than I do." I tell him with a small almost forced chuckle. It's true. Dad always catches my panic attacks or just knows when something is wrong. That's why he's the best.

"I know you so well because I am the same." He tells me. "I don't know what will happen in the future. I'm frustrated that we have to move and we have to run from our old lives just to find peace. I'm frustrated that you can't let yourself find peace. I get it Daisy, it's scary. It's so scary. Starting fresh not knowing what will happen or who is next in line to hurt you. But the thing is that part of our lives are over. We are free, you are free. But that's what our new start is for. We will help you overcome mentally and physically from the past few years. I understand how you feel, and I would like if you told me how you felt as well. All of us will help you. We are here for you, forever." He finishes his long speech and I can't help but cry listening to him speak and reassure me. Hearing that my feelings of frustration are valid.

That's what I love about my brothers, they are so understanding and care so much about me. I'm not sure that I will ever get used to the love they continue to give me everyday.

"Don't cry." James wipes my tears again. I nod my head and give him a small smile. "Do you feel better?"

"Yeah." I whisper. James lets a smile spread across his face.

"Great then. Let's get on with our new life!" He gives me a quick hug before hopping out of the car.

Moments later the others all pile in and I give their worried faces a smile letting them know I am alright.

Xander is beside me now and he wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls out his phone with his other hand. He then pulls out his AirPods and hands me one.

"What do you want to listen to?" He asks me while handing me his phone. I just shrug and scroll through his Spotify until I reach a song I haven't listened to in years.

It's my absolute all time favourite song. Besides for any Taylor Swifts song this was the one song I never got bored of.

Maneater by Nelly Furtado.

An absolute classic. The beat is amazing. The bop is impeccable. And the lyrics are badass. Who ever wrote this song is on another level of awesomeness.

So obviously I play it and as the song progresses it takes everything in me not to start singing out of nowhere. My bad mood gone and is replaced with an ecstatic feeling.

But I can't help it.

"She's a maneater make you buy cars. Make you cut cards, make you fall hard in love." I sing out loud bopping around in the car as all the boys start laughing.

It wasn't unknown that this was my favourite song either. When Xan introduced me to music two years ago I listened to it all. I would blast it in the art room or sometimes when I was baking with Henry. And of course this song was always played in the shuffle of songs at least twice, sometimes three times because of how much I love it.

Before I could belt out the next lyrics James pulls into a drive way and all focus on my favourite song has vanished as I look at the beautiful estate.

"Welcome home guys." James smiles as he pulls up to the stunning house.

Holy shit.

-

Hey guys sorry for the late chapter!

Daisy's mood swings faster than mine do lol. I hope you all enjoyed and again I am sorry for the wait.

If you have any chapter ideas let me know!

Lots of love 💕