Part II - Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

I try to not let the terrifying thoughts of losing Daisy for good cloud my mind. She needs to survive. She has so much to live for. We have officially got rid of our enemies. She is free. She just needs to pull through.

Anthony is dead thanks to Daisy. We killed all of his soldiers and have already sent people out to destroy his fortress. Once that is done everything will be over.

When we finished fighting and there were no more soldiers to kill we went to get Daisy but when I got to the safe room it was empty and the door was wide open to the field.

I heard Xander scream for help and that's when we all broke out into a sprint.

Now we sit here praying to God that she is alright. We aren't religious people what so ever, but in times like this even sinners will beg for the angels in their lives.

"Matteo." I grumble. He comes over and I pull him into a hug.

I pull away and hug Roman, then Xander, and finally Noah. They all appreciate my hug.

I sit back down and wait. That's all we can do. I'm not going to let myself overthink. I trust Henry and the surgeon to keep her alive.

She will survive.

I have hope. Even though hope is a dangerous thing it's better than thinking negative thoughts.

She will survive, she has too.

-

It's been hours and dawn is fast approaching. At around midnight we realized we would lose it if we stayed sitting in that damn room. So, we started helping Dante and the others clean up around the house. People are coming for the broken windows tomorrow and besides for the windows the place is spotless and it doesn't look like a war broke out in it.

Dante had managed to convince all of us to clean up as well so he practically shoved me into the shower. I couldn't do it myself though. I have found that even doing the simplest tasks have become challenging. So he helped me bathe myself. I felt so numb it felt like he was moving around me and I was outside of my body. I haven't shed anymore tears though. I just physically can't. Not until I hear the news. He helped me out of the shower, dried me, changed me and then brought me back downstairs. I didn't even register what I was wearing until Xander pointed it out to me.

"You're wearing pyjamas?" He laughs a bit. I look down and see my red plaid pants and my sleeping shirt. I let out a small chuckle and look at Dante. He just shrugs his shoulders with a small smile.

"When Daisy wakes up she will be excited to see your pyjamas." He says hopefully.

"Why?" Deja questions.

"She used to live in her pyjamas." Noah answers with a small smile.

"We should get her some for when she wakes up." Roman says looking towards me. I nod and go on my phone searching up some pyjamas. Ordering ten different pyjama sets I send them to Dante's address.

"Done."

"She'll be happy." Xander smiles.

We sit in silence for a bit. But when the OR doors open and a softly smiling Henry and surgeon walk out with their gowns on my heart rate picks up but relief flows through my veins.

"She's alright." Those two words are all I needed to let the tears stream. She is safe. My baby is safe.

"Oh thank fuck." Xander sighs as he pulls Roman into a hug. I walk up to Henry pulling him into a hug aswell.

"Thank you Hen."

"She survived the GSW to her her stomach and right leg. I worked on her stomach and Henry worked on her leg. For her stomach it missed any major organs however the bullet nicked a few veins and a smaller artery. For treatment we need to monitor her for sepsis and we need to make sure she has zero strain on her stomach. If she catches a fever, the wound becomes swollen and red, or her pain gets worse immediately call me."