Chapter 31 - Damn

Start from the beginning

She tenses. "The guy was on top of James, he was choking him, James gun was close to my door so I got out and aimed it at the guys head... I shot the man."

Holy shit. Noah, Henry, and I all tense.

"I'm so sorry that you had to do that baby." Henry softly speaks to her.

"James got mad at me, he- he yelled at me." She wipes her tears.

"He only yelled at you because he was scared that someone would shoot you if you were out of the car, he wasn't mad that you saved his life. Trust me Daise." I tell her softly while playing with her hair.

She nods. She looks absolutely exhausted. "We love you hun." Noah tells her.

"I love you guys too." She yawns after saying that.

"Go too sleep Daisy we will wake you when we get there." Xan tells her looking at her through the rear view mirror.

"I can't I'm too scared." She whispers.

"Sleep," I tell her. "If you get bad dreams I'll protect you from them, I always will."

She closes her eyes reassured and in a minute she is out like a light. I unbuckle her and pull her trembling cold figure into my arms.

Everything will be alright as long as I have her in my arms.

-

It's about ten minutes before we pull up to the base. We have people already on their way to get James and Daisy is wide awake.

She hasn't said much since her sleep.

"Margaret was there last night." She whispered. Xander abruptly stops the car and all of us turn to her.

"WHAT?!" He shouts.

"Seriously Xander." Noah scolds him. "What do you mean Daisy?"

She takes a deep breath before speaking. "Before they attacked I saw her out of my window, she was just standing there smiling at me. I was frozen we stared at each other for like five minutes before James came, he saw her too and they both made eye contact. James then grabbed me and pulled me out of the room."

"Holy shit." I whisper.

"That's why James stayed back isn't it?" Noah asks her. She nods.

"Holy shit indeed." Xander says starting the car.

Our mother was there, she was so close.

I didn't know her well, I was only six when she stole Daisy. All I remember is having a distant mother.

We ride in silence until we get to the gates of the base. The security comes to the car and when they see the five of us they quickly let us in.

Dante is impatiently waiting at the doors of the building. When he sees the car pull up he straightened up.

Daisy gets out first and sprints into his open arms. He just holds her while looking at us in concern as he sees the blood all over us.