Chapter 27 - Safe House

Start from the beginning

No response again.

"Xan she's not here, can you carry her to her room I'm going to grab her stuff." He does what I say and he gently picks our angel up and carries her down the hall way to the bedroom corridor.

He sets her down on her bed. He then looks to me. "James go deal with the others and come up with plans I got her."

"Okay, help her into new clothes maybe it'll make her feel better." I tell him giving her a kiss on the forehead before leaving down the hall to speak on the emergency phone with Dan and Dante.

-

Xander

I help her out of her sweatshirt. The scars and words littering her upper half making me feel nauseous. How could they do that to her?

I slip on one of my long sleeve shirts and then take off her sweatpants before replacing them with my basketball shorts. She has scars on her legs aswell.

I take off her socks and rummage through her bag as I find her fluffy socks.

Timmy and Beau come waltzing into the room. Timmy sits at the door and Beau tries to attempt to comfort Daisy. She doesn't react too him at all.

I push her back down on the bed and hop in next to her. I grab her favourite book Charlottes Web before starting to read where she left off.

"Trust me, Wilbur. People are very gullible. They'll believe anything they see in print. -"

-

I read to her for a while and I could tell she was listening but she wasn't fully here. She hasn't moved once, if I thought she might be uncomfortable I would reposition her so she has a bit more comfort.

"Daisy, why don't you try to sleep." I try to get any answer out of her.

"Can't." She mumbles.

"Why not princess?" I question her softly.

She shakes her head and turns her body so her back is facing me. I rub her back and pull her body so she is tucked into my side.

"They can't get you baby." I whisper. I see a tear fall down her face.

"They can and they will." She whispers back. Her voice cracks as she says that.

I pull her tighter into me. "They can't and they won't. I promise that we will protect you. I promise that as longs a we're alive you will never be hurt again."

"You can't promise that Xan."

She's right. If there is a will there is a way, and clearly they have that will. But that doesn't mean we won't try our hardest to keep them away. I know I shouldn't promise. I mean it could totally backfire on me. But all I can think about is making Daisy feel better.

"I can Daisy, we have more power than you think."

She just nods and let's the tears continue to fall.

Her tears pick up and are replaced with heavy sobs. "Get James." She sobs.

I get out of our hold and bolt down the hallway to find James. I see him sitting at the table with Henry and Rome. They look up alert at my panting figure.

"Daisy needs you James." I say out of breath. He shoots up from his seat and with out a word walks faster to her room. I follow behind him and stay back as I watch him pick Daisy up and effortlessly help calm her down.

"All I see," she pauses as she hiccups. "Is his head, and the blood, and the fingers. Make it go away... please James make it go away!" She hysterically cries.