Chapter 23 - Boyfriends?

Start from the beginning

He chuckles and get close to me. "Of course you're my boyfriend." He says before kissing my lips softly yet urgently. The kiss becomes heated as we both fight for dominance. We clearly lost sense of our surroundings when we hear the door open and pull away to see Daisy looking at us with her mouth wide open.

"Holy shit." She whispers awestruck at what she saw. Normally I would correct the language but right now I feel too guilty. This was supposed to be quiet.

"You guys aren't just friends?" She asks.

"No Daisy." Dante states seemingly amused by the situation. What if she sees me differently? What if she tells the boys and they see me differently?

A million thoughts race through my mind as we all stay quiet.

Daisy starts walking and sits down in her seat. I look at her pleadingly. I don't want her to be upset.

"Are you guys boyfriends?" She asks so innocently. She doesn't look angry or upset, more curious.

"Yes baby." I hesitate.

"Okay." She says seemingly bored from the conversation. She looks back down at her phone and starts taking out all her paints and brushes.

I look to Dante and he just shrugs his shoulders and lightly chuckles.

"So you are okay with it?" I ask her. She stops and looks at me confused with three paint bottles in her arms.

"Why wouldn't I be? You guys like each other. I don't care what you guys do in the free time. But Dante?" She pauses and looks at him. "Hurt James and you're hurting me in the process got it?"

I laugh and so does Dante. He saluted her. "Yes Ma'am." He teased.

"Good." She concludes the conversation.

We start painting. I paint a picture of Daisy. She sights right infront of me and seems very focused on her painting. I start with and then I start colouring in the background with her acrylic paints. It doesn't look half bad.

She abruptly stands up. She leaves the room but before she gets all the way out she starts speaking. "I'm getting Xander for a minute, if you guys want to keep your relationship quiet I suggest not doing whatever you were doing while I walked in."

With that she leaves the room again. Dante looks at me.

"Well that went better than planned." He laughs.

"You're telling me. Here I was panicking and she's just chill about it." He puts his head on my shoulder.

"Pretty boy, you do realize most people are excepting about the gays now right? Your brothers won't care one bit who you like and who you don't. But Daisy was definitely the right person to know first."

"Yeah definitely." I agree with him. He moves back to his spot and continues painting. Daisy comes back with Xander, he totally ignores me and only looks at what Daisy is asking him to do. I share a look with Dante and his face holds reassurance.

"How do you set the thing up Xan?" She asks him. He does what he has to do and takes her phone before plugging it into something.

"Thanks Xan." She said. He pulled her into a quick hug and whispered something in her ear before throwing me a glance and leaving the room. Daisy looks back to us. She holds up her phone and Xander's speaker. "I got us music." She whispers.

We smile and she puts on her playlist. Calmer and relaxing music plays through the room as we paint.

"Do you guys love each other?" She asks us. I hesitate. What do I say to her?

"Eventually Daisy, we need to start slow and soon we will. We just started dating." Dante explains.

"Oh okay. Dante are you staying with us?" She asks him with hope in her eyes.

"Some nights yes I will, but I still have to go home to my sister."

"I like your sister."

"She likes you, she kept gushing about how cute and cuddly you are." This gets a giggle out of Daisy.

"Next time I'll give her a longer hug then."

"You do that sweetheart."

Daisy looks at me and gives me a tired yet exhausted smile.

"Why don't you try to go to sleep?" I ask her. She quickly shakes her head no.

"I don't want anymore nightmares." I think of ways to help her.

"What about taking some melatonin? It might not do much about nightmares but at least it will keep you asleep long enough to actually re-energize." Dante suggests.

"Do you want to try that Daisy?" I question her. She rapidly nods her head. She looks exhausted.

"Come on then." I bend down and she hops on my back. The three of us walk downstairs and see the kitchen empty. I sit Daisy on the counter and search through the medicine cabinet. I spot the melatonin and take the bottle after pouring one pill out for her to put on her tongue. "If one isn't enough let me know and I'll give you one more."

She places the melatonin on her tongue and then reaches out for me. I carry her with Dante in tow as I lie down on the couch. Dante puts a blanket over us and I brush through her hair.

"Goodnight love." I whisper.

"Night James and Dante."

"Night sweetheart." With that she is out like a light.

I just hold her in case she wakes back up.

"James I'm going to go back home, I'll call you tomorrow." He tells me leaning in for a kiss.

"Thanks for everything today. I'll talk to you later." With that he walks out and leaving me alone with Daisy.

I have never felt at such peace than when I have my baby in my arms.

-

Here the second chapter for today.

Lots of love 💕