I could just kiss him right now… But…

His lips parted as if he knew what I wanted and he granted my wish within seconds, placing those gentle lips on mine for only a second. And a second was enough to blow away my thoughts for at least a moment. And a moment was enough for me.

‘Jason…’ I said quietly, a smile at my lips as I used his proper name.

He pulls away, his eyes half closed as if in some sort of daze, ‘hmm?’

‘Why are we here?’ I whispered biting the bottom of my lip as I find myself staring at his addictive ones, hoping that in doing so it would stop my embarrassing and needing thoughts.

He licks his bottom lips before finally giving me a full kiss, this time letting it last for longer than our last, and causing me to grin when he finally pulled away for the second time. He smiles sheepishly leaning back again and into his chair, too far away for my liking, before letting out a chuckle.

‘Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. Not when you looked at me like that…’ his eyes met mine again and I couldn’t help the way a rush of heat met my face. ‘And,’ he grinned, ‘as for the “why we’re here” part. We’re going to eat and walk around a little.’

My face dropped and I couldn’t help the way I blanched. ‘I-I don’t-’ but he wasn’t listening to me as the second he said so he was out of the car and walking toward my side.

Suddenly I didn’t feel so well again.

‘C’mon Angel, it’ll be fun. I promise.’ Jace grins the second he opened my door and bent eye-level with me.

I frowned. How was I supposed to turn him down when he was grinning like a kid on Christmas?

‘Please?’ he begs now pouting like a child.

Cocking my head at him I finally cave in, unbuckling my seatbelt with a sigh before letting him help me out of the car even when I didn’t need any.

I crossed my arms over my chest as he locked the doors, ‘you owe me,’ I muttered with a frown. He chuckles causing me to blush again and look at the ground as I suddenly turned shy.

‘I love you,’ Jace says, serious all of a sudden and causing my blush turn a deeper red as my head snapped up, eyes locking on to his.

I give him a questioning look even though my mind and mouth was ready say it but he chuckles, shakes his head and wraps an arm around my waist comfortingly before pulling me away from the car. ‘You’re just too adorable. I had to say it,’ he grins teasingly as we walked across the parking lot.

‘Jace, I don’t think I can do this,’ I said, voice rising in panic as he brought me in front of a dress shop after we had some lunch. Five minutes ago we were sitting happily at a table eating and the second we finished he laid out the real reason why we were here.

To shop. And that wasn’t the worst part; it was for the Spring Dance.

‘Sure ya can Angel. It’s easy. We go in, try on a few dresses, buy it and then we’re done.’ He smiles reassuringly; a smile from the heavens that would make any girl swoon. But to me, at this moment, it was like a smile from the devil himself.

‘I mean… the go to the dance itself part!’ I exclaimed quietly as I tried to back out of his secure hold.

‘It’ll be fine! I’ll be there.’ He says grinning from ear to ear and causing me to frown.

‘But-’

‘Pretty please? Just this once?’ he pouts giving me the doggy eyes he used back in the parking lot. There’s only ever going to be once, I couldn’t help but think.