N I N E T Y - E I G H T

*Violent Death/Blood Warning*

May 2, 1998

Blaise lost Draco and I while fighting a Hogwarts student.

He was okay, I watched Blaise take him down. He petrified him.

Draco was pulling me along the hall again. My wrist hurt from how much he was doing it, but he didn't have a wand.

As we turned the corner, a student — a Hufflepuff, I could tell by the tie — came up behind us. "Confundus!"

"Protego!" I hissed back.

She fell backwards, hitting the ground.

Confunded.

We turned the corner and kept running down the Courtyard.

The Courtyard where all the third years gathered for their first ever trip to Hogsmede.

The Courtyard where we all wished our friends from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang goodbye in fourth year.

The Courtyard where we all danced around in the rain in first year because we couldn't believe the amount of magic surrounding us.

Now, the Courtyard was coated in dead bodies from both sides. It was a ghost of what it once was.

We all are ghosts of what we once were.

Once happy, innocent children fighting on the battle field, for good and evil.

To end it all.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I cast at Lavender Brown, she fell to the floor after all of her body froze.

I gazed at her body until I saw Fenrir close in on her.

He started — eating her.

Draco couldn't stay here. He needed to get out. He doesn't have a wand.

"Draco," I mumbled. He turned to me. "You have to go! Go hide."

"No, not without you." He stammered, he tried pulling me away.

"No! Please, go. We'll find each other after. It will all be okay, Draco. Please, go hide." I breathed.

Draco shook his head and looked down at the ground. "Please, you don't have a wand." I said.

"I'm not going to hide." He insisted.

"Draco, please. For me. Do it for me." I pleaded.

Draco pondered for a minute and looked over my shoulder. A flash of red light almost shot him, he ducked out of the way.

I turned around and saw Tonks — Draco's cousin — coming over to us, her wand drawn.

"Immobilus!" I cursed. She blocked it easily.

"Expelliarmus!" She shouted back.

As quick as I could, I yelled. "Protego!"

She ducked out of the way and I took my opportunity. "Oppugno!"

A flock of birds shot from my wand and chased her away. She wasn't expecting that one.

I grabbed Draco by the collar and moved quickly out of the way. "Please, hide!"

"I can't!" He answered.

"Draco, please. Just until the war calms down. I can't loose you." I begged.

He had to go. He couldn't stay here.

Draco would be killed by the Order members. Whether they meant to, or not.