T H I R T Y - T W O

Y/N's POV
I was doing Charms homework sprawled out on my bed -- well, attempting too. You see, I was stressed due to the little fight in the Great Hall this evening.

I was worried about what injuries either of the boys could have as I wasn't told before.

I sat on my bed staring at the same sentence over and over again whilst picking at my nails and biting my lip a bit too hard as I could now feel the metallic taste of blood in my mouth.

The silence was almost eerie as I watched the letters on the paper collapse over each other while trying to read a sentence I was too stressed out to read.

Then, there was a knock at the door and I jumped. I forgot about the whole concept of sound and now to hear it was a shock to my body.

I assumed it was Theo because usually around this time of night he would come to our dorm to collect Pansy for their daily walk along the castle grounds.

They were so cute together.

"Come in Theo," I chuckled as the slight rush of adrenaline did its last course before leaving my body for good -- well, that's what I thought anyway.

"Not Theo," came a manly voice from the other side of the door; it was a voice that lived rent free in my head for years now and was way more prominent now.

Draco.

The adrenaline made a comeback as I made my way to the door.

I opened it slowly to see him looking the same way I did; nervous.

That took a little bit of pressure off.

He stood in front of me, hair messy and curtained over his distraught face, blood on his normally pure cotton white uniform top, green and silver tie hanging loosely underneath the collar on his shirt that was usually down.

His right arm was in a sling and for some reason it reminded me an awful lot of when he got attacked by Buckbeak.

"Hi," he choked out.

Hi? What the fuck is 'hi'?

"Malfoy?" I questioned, then quickly flung an arm around my stomach because I realized I was only in a sports bra and pajama pants.

"Why are you covering up? It's not like I haven't seen that before," he chuckled nervously.

I cleared my throat.

"Was there something you needed Malfoy? Or are you just being a fucking prat?"

He put his arms up defensively.

"Come on Riddle, just let me in. I'll explain everything,"

His eyes looked pleading and it hit my heart like a bullet went through it with no hesitation.

But I wasn't that easy to crack and he knew that.

"You can tell me what's going on from right here," I crossed both of my arms now over my stomach and started tapping my foot impatiently.

"I heard the ring," he said.

My foot stopped tapping and I swear, for a second, my heart stopped beating.

I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him into my dorm, shutting the door behind him and locking it.

"What do you mean you 'heard the ring'?" I asked, panicking.

I started to sweat and my heart went from not beating at all, to beating furiously.

"I heard it, I watched a memory and at the end you said that you love-" he started and rubbed his neck from where my nails scratched him when I grabbed his collar.