F O U R T Y - T H R E E

Due to Alana Wood, I was decorating the Slytherin common room on May 12, 1997 for Kayden's birthday party.

He was going to be 17 while the rest of us had either turned 16 a couple months ago or were about to be 17.

After half a bottle of Fire Whiskey in their systems, I managed to convince my friends that Alana could be right and that Kayden deserved a birthday party.

The whole Slytherin house from ages 14-18 were aloud to come and we handed out some invitations to some select Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. Alana was the only Gryffindor aloud.

So, right now, Blaise and Pansy were upstairs with Kayden, making sure he doesn't leave his dorm while we get everything ready for him.

The party started at 9 and it was 8:30 so most people should be filing in by now.

I convinced Theo off of Wizard music and told him that Muggle music was way better, which surprised him but he went with it anyway.

Daisy was setting up alcohol and punches on a foldable table in the corner of the common room while I moved the couches to the walls so people had more room to dance and other stuff.

Draco wasn't helping, he sat on one of the couches I moved making little shapes and designs in the air with his wand and making them vanish quickly after.

As we were fixing up the common room, Alana walked in with a brown bag; more Fire Whiskey — as if we didn't have enough already.

"Bloody hell," she huffed. "Took forever getting out of there. Seamus Finnegan kept bugging me about where I was going with the Fire Whiskey. I had to hex him to get him to bugger off — that sure helped Longbottom stop asking questions," she inquired.

My tongue grazed the inside of my cheek as the last memory I had with Seamus resurfaced in my brain.

Draco's wand slipped slightly, causing the 'M' he was drawing to look like an upside down 'V', signalling that he was thinking exactly the same thing.

"Thanks," Daisy said vaguely as Alana handed her the bottle of Fire Whiskey.

Alana nodded and went up to nudge Theo. "Got good music?" She asked.

"No shit, Wood," he commented back.

No one really seemed to like Alana, except me. I think they all need to just warm up to her a bit. They're not giving her a chance.

Alana rolled her eyes subtly and strutted to the other couch, the one across from Draco.

"What about you, Malfoy?" Alana raised her brow, smirking. "You excited? For the party?"

Draco scoffed. "I was, until you got here,"

"You're funny Malfoy," she grimaced, sarcasm lacing her tone.

"Are you sure this plan will work?" I asked her as I wasn't entirely sure myself and wanted some sort of reassurance.

"I'm positive," she grinned and crossed her legs.

She was completely ready for the party, her dirty blond hair thrown up into a half up half down bun, with a tight red dress and matching heels. I also noticed she was wearing more makeup than she usually would.

Pansy came downstairs, making a 'past' noise and made her eyes wide as she glanced from Daisy and I.

We both walked over to her carefully. "What's up?" I asked the brunette.

"We have to get ready, we have 15 minutes," she insisted.

I turned to Daisy and she nodded quickly.