S I X T Y - F O U R

July 30, 1997

All the Death Eaters were preparing themselves. They were fixing their masks and throwing on new cloaks.

Tonight was the night Harry Potter was being moved from his house on Privet Drive and we were ready to attack.

Draco got handed his very own mask and cloak. He was currently putting them on in front of me.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the side, avoiding the other Death Eater's eyes. I ended up pulling him around the corner, beside the staircase.

"You're not going, are you?" I asked him, panic in my voice.

He sighed. "I have to, Y/N."

"Stay with me, please?" I begged. I don't know why I was, he couldn't even if he wanted to.

He didn't have a choice.

"I can't," he whispered. He looked left to right and placed a kiss on the top of my head. "You know I would if I could."

"Then I want to go with you." I stood my ground.

Draco stammered. "You can't, darling. Your father was very clear that you couldn't be part of these missions until you're 17; and I agree with him."

I scoffed. "Of course you do. You know, I can handle myself."

"I know that, but I need you safe." He looked around again before placing his hand on my cheek.

"And I need you safe." I insisted.

"I will be, I swear." He promised.

I didn't even look to see if anyone was behind me, I pulled Draco in for a tight hug. "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." He whispered into my hair. I pulled away from him and he left a small kiss on  my lips before leaving me standing in our hiding space.

I waited a moment before leaving. A lump formed in my throat as I realized how dangerous this mission could be.

Then, jealousy.

I want to be part of it too.

Thank Merlin I would be turning 17 in a couple days.

Really, we have this one in the bag. The Order only use harmless spells; the dangerous, fatal ones are used by our side.

Hopefully, we have Potter by tomorrow and give him one bloody hell of a birthday present.

I watched as all the Death Eaters left the house one-by-one. Draco was last to leave behind his father and Narcissa and I stayed back watching them.

She placed a comforting hand on my shoulder as we watched Draco leave Malfoy Manor.

When the door shut, I sighed and started making my way to the Living Room. "Why do they get to go?"

"You were just trying to convince my son not to go," Narcissa chuckled. I fell back onto the couch and raised my brow at her. "I may have listened to your conversation."

She passed me a glass of Fire Whiskey. "What did you hear of our conversation?"

"Oh!" Narcissa sat up abruptly, nearly tipping out some of her light yellow drink onto her plush couch cushions. "You said it! And so did he! You said 'I love you!'"

I laughed. I wanted to see if she'd catch that or not. I took a long swig of my Fire Whiskey and nodded. "Yes, we did."

"Was that the first time? Tell me everything!" She pestered.