T W E N T Y - E I G H T

*This chapter may be triggering to some readers*
⚠️CONTAINS TALK OF SUICIDE AND SELF HARM⚠️

Y/N's POV
It's been two weeks since we've broken up.

We've been working on the cabinet separately but I still see Draco often.

Whether that be walking down corridors with his head held low, with Astoria Greengrass in the corner of the common room, sitting with Crabbe and Goyle silently at the end of the Slytherin table or leaving the Room of Requirement as I enter.

Today was one of those days, I'd entered the Room of Requirement in assumption that he wouldn't be in as I saw him earlier stalking around the Grounds.

I just got past the massive collection of mess as I looked upwards through hooded eyes to see a pair of breathtaking grey ones take me by surprise.

"Malfoy," I realized I said without meaning to.

He put down his quill and picked up his wand before brushing his shoulder against mine before he started leaving.

"Malfoy," I said again, louder.

It was more of a command for him to listen to me. I knew that he stopped because the clanking of all the rubbish on the floor stopped as well.

"We have to work on this ruddy cabinet," I told him, still not baring to look him in the eyes again.

"I know," we're the words that came out of his mouth.

"So, let's work on it. Let's forget about us and put this cabinet first. We have to work on it, so we have to keep it professional," I insisted.

"You want us to be friends then?" He scoffed.

Now I turned to him.

"I never said that Malfoy," I confidently spoke while finally taking in his presence. "I said we can't let our break up effect the work on the cabinet. It's fatal if we do,"

He hesitated before he said. "Fine,"

I flinched.

That same word.

The same voice.

It felt like he grabbed my heart and is squeezing it with his hands and he's just adding enough pressure to make a hole, not to pop it fully.

To make it slow, painful.

He seemed to not notice this and pushed past me.

He grabbed his quill again and started jotting more notes onto the parchment.

I walked closer to him and sat down on the chair I sat at last time we were together in this room.

That was Heaven before Hell.

Before I fucked it all up as I always fucking do.

"What's the plan?" I asked him while inspecting how his hand moves to direct the quill, how he makes his untidy scrawl look beautiful without meaning to.

"We cover the other pathway," he stated.

He was still being cold, but at least he was talking to me.

"How?"

He didn't look up from the paper when he answered me.

"I've been fooling around with spells and how they work. Snape taught me how to create certain spells for different things; the Dark Lord's orders," he vaguely answered.

"Did you find one that could cover the path?"

"Yes,"

"Well, what is it?"