T H I R T Y - S I X

I was walking to the Hospital Wing with Pansy to see Draco again.

We had just ended our classes and met up on the Courtyard.

It's been a week since the day he was placed in there and every time I go there, he's under sedation and is sleeping peacefully.

Madame Pomfrey says he wants it to numb the pain on the wounds currently being healed, but I've noticed a sharper pain on my forearm lately. One that burns on the inside and out.

I bet you that's what he's using it for — he's taking advantage of what he has.

Madame Pomfrey said he has woken up but it's been during my school hours.

He asks for me apparently, but she doesn't want to get me from class.

Today, Pansy wanted to come along.

She hasn't seen Draco yet and all of the others have already came with me.

Blaise, Kayden and Theo had Quidditch practice and Daisy had some last minute homework to do so it was a win-win.

We walked down the corridors with our books in our hands talking about how tonight, my new apparent plans were getting Pansy ready for a 'special date' with Theo.

"So, are you in?" She asked me while flipping her raven hair over her shoulder.

"I have to see how Draco is first. If he's okay, you have a deal," I compromised.

She nodded.

She knew if she was in my situation — except with Theo — she would want to be with him too.

We approached the doors of the Hospital Wing and I braced myself as I pushed the doors open.

Pansy followed behind me as we reached his bed.

He was out cold.

I sighed and pulled a chair right next to his bed, around his head.

Pansy sat in the seat Astoria was crying in a week ago and just stared at his peacefully sleeping body.

"Is he alright?" Pansy huffed.

He was paler than usual — if even possible.

"Madame Pomfrey said he is," I mumbled as I started playing with his hair as gently as possible on top of his head. "I believe her,"

"You said it was just sedation, right?" She bit her lip.

I could tell she was extremely anxious.

"Yeah, why?"

"It just looks to be a little more than that," she said.

"No, I already know what you're thinking. He's not in a coma. He's fine," I turned to her.

She nodded and took a deep breath.

She was expecting him to end up like he had in the fight with Kayden — it's what she was expecting. She wasn't ready for this.

After a couple minutes of worried silence, Draco stirred in his sleep.

It kind of startled me a bit, so I pulled my hand back from his hair.

God forbid he sees me touching it.

Then I'd be in deep shit.

Pansy sat up further in her chair as Draco stretched a bit.

His grey eyes fluttered open and he looked around the room, taking everything in.

Then, he got to me.