F I F T Y - T W O

I pulled Draco's hand to an empty clearing. I had set it all up days before while wandering. I needed ideas and somehow ended up here.

For the past couple days, it was my safe space. I'd run or fly or find a way to get here because it was just so breathtaking, so free.

The sunlight hit the grass perfectly, reflecting off of whatever morning dew was left on the green patch.

The swift branches around it hung out and tall while the wind swayed over it, making it swing back and forth.

I let go of Draco's hand and stood in the middle of the sunlight, letting it soak through me. Draco stared at me as if a goblin from Gringotts gave him the keys to all the vaults and let him take the gold.

"Well, come on then," I giggled and fell onto the grass, like a trust-fall. I landed on the soft cushion of green stems below me.

From where I was laying, I could see puffs of clouds high above the trees in wild shapes and sizes. I could feel the heat radiating off of the sun and onto my makeup covered cheeks, possibly melting it. I felt perspiration on my skin layer underneath the makeup and relished in the new coming summer heat, closing my eyes.

A sly shadow interrupted this for a brief moment and one of my calmed eyes popped open and my head spun around just in time to see the beautiful blonde rest his head against the grass and place his laced hands together neatly on his stomach.

I copied him, placing my hands the same way he did and shut my eyes once more. Without realizing, I started humming a song Penelope used to sing to Pansy and I when we were young -- before Hogwarts.

"What is that?" Draco's groggy voice filled the air. "That song,"

"Hm?" I asked. "Oh, this one? Penelope used to sing this to Pansy and I all the time when we were frightened or just needed it,"

"It's beautiful," he replied. "Not as beautiful as you though darling,"

I felt my cheeks heat up again, the sun was not the cause this time.

"Why thank you birthday boy. You're not too bad yourself," I giggled, opening my eyes again. I tried focusing on the clouds above and blocking out the sunlight when all that resulted in was a heavy squint.

Draco scoffed, "Don't be daft. I'm fucking irresistible,"

"Sure, sure Malfoy. Whatever helps you sleep at night," I teased him, crossing my legs below me.

"Ahh, you want to play like that do you?" Chuckled Draco and his perfectly laced hands, once on his chest were off of him now.

"What are you-" I questioned before turning my head to him again. His hands made their way to my abdomen and he started tickling me. "Ahh!" I shrieked, not expecting him to do such a thing.

My arms and legs failed and kicked as I rolled around the grass, trying to get his hands off of me. My hands reached for his in a fit of laughter and I tried getting him off. "Draco," I whined, through wheezing. "Stop,"

He kept going, laughing with me. His hands traveling down to my abdomen to my neck and everywhere between. I threw my head around, screaming and crying -- of laughter.