N I N E T Y - S E V E N

May 2, 1998

I woke up from a deep sleep to hearing a loud scream erupt from outside the door.

"He's at Hogsmede?!"

I shot up on the bed and felt the last bit of the Calming Draught fade away. The Dreamless Sleep was already gone too.

Someone was beside me. I turned my head to see Draco. He was sitting up on the bed too. He looked alarmed.

It was too dark to decide what he was doing before but he was on top of the blankets whilst I was under them. The shadows of his legs were tangled together.

He didn't leave.

My heart skipped a beat.

I forgot about that after a mere second and gazed at my watch. The light from the door in the hallway gave me enough light to see that it was 12:04 am.

It's May 2.

For some reason, I felt off.

I hissed as pain ripped through my body, starting at my forearm. I grasped it and pulled up my sleeve.

The skull on the Dark Mark opened it's mouth wider than it ever had before and the snake circled my arm relentlessly. I gasped and shut my eyes tight.

He was calling us.

It was urgent.

More urgent than anything before.

My eyes were shut so tight that when I opened them, I saw small light spots dancing around the room.

I turned to Draco, he was grasping his arm too, using his other hand to put pressure on it. He was trying to relieve the pain.

"Draco," I said. "We have to go."

I stood up. I was still in the clothes I was wearing yesterday. A knee-length black dress with long sleeves. My hair was a mess but I didn't care.

Draco got up next and he was wearing what he wore yesterday too; his usual black suit.

It relieved me that some things stayed the same. It may just have been clothes, but at least something was the same.

We rushed down the stairs and to the Dining Hall where my father called order.

He was livid, waiting there with no sense of peace on his face.

"Harry Potter is at Hogsmede. Where's Severus?" The Dark Lord ordered to know.

Narcissa spoke up. "At Hogwarts, my Lord. He dropped by the Manor last night but kept Amycus in charge. He was only gone for an hour at most."

"Why was he here?" He sneered.

"Potion refilling. We couldn't wait long, my Lord, if the storage needed refilling while the war became so close to the end." Bellatrix stepped in.

I noticed -- in my fathers hand -- was a new wand. It wasn't his old one that had looked like a bone. It was a wand I had seen somewhere.

Where had I seen it?

I racked my mind searching for a memory but I couldn't find one.

When could he have gotten this wand. I don't remember him using it.

The Dark Lord spoke broadly. "I need to contact Severus."

He left the room quickly, leaving the rest of us Death Eaters to stand together awkwardly. It was like no one wanted to speak, or knew what to say.