S I X T Y

The cabinet clicked.

Our heads snapped towards it and we stood up, not taking our vision off of the cabinet.

The doors started opening. "Let's go." Draco murmured. He grabbed my arm and we went from the Room of Requirement to the next flight of stairs.

He held my arm in his hand, his rings pressed firmly against my skin. "Where are we going?" I asked. The anxiety I was feeling drifted throughout my bloodstream.

"The Astronomy Tower," Draco confirmed. He looked back and saw my confused glare. "Trust me."

I pulled my arm from his grasp and we made our way up the couple flights of stairs that we needed to go up to reach the Tower.

Once we reached the bottom of the last flight of stairs, I heard a voice.

"-Severus," An old drained voice droned. "Hide yourself below-" the name he murmured was too quiet to be heard. "Don't speak or be seen by anyone without my permisson."

I turned to Draco. "He's with someone." I concluded.

"Shh!" He insisted and started walking up the staircase. I followed after him.

We reached the top of the staircase, adrenaline coursing through my veins. I felt as through I was going to explode of the nerves.

Draco clutched his wand tighter in his hands, making his veins pop. He shuffled along the floor of the Astronomy Tower, making room for me and pointing his wand at the air in front of us.

I copied his stance and shuffled my feet along the floor as well. The old man peered up at the both of us and let out a soft grim scoff. "Good evening Draco, Y/N," he paused before he said curiously. "What brings you here on this fine, spring evening?"

Draco ignored the question and asked one of his own. "Who else is here? We heard you talking." His gaze skimmed over me, referring to me being the other part of 'we'.

"I often talk to myself; I find it extraordinary useful," Dumbledore explained to us. "Have you been whispering to yourself, Draco?" Draco paused, contorting his eyebrows in confusion. "How about you Y/N?"

My hand shook violently as I pointed it at Dumbledore. I felt as though I couldn't answer his question.

"Draco, Y/N, you are no assassins." The old Wizard claimed, his tone full of pity for the situation we're placed in.

"How do you know what we are? We've done things that would shock you!" I shouted, finding my voice.

Dumbledore quickly responded to me. "By cursing Katie Bell and hoping in return she'd bare a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison?"

My eyes went wide and my grip on my wand tightened. How did he know? "Forgive me," Dumbledore droned on. "But I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak that your heart can't really have been in them."

Draco's voice shook as he responded. "He trusts us-" Draco pulled up his sleeve revealing the Dark Mark on his arm, the snake slithered around aimlessly. "- we were chosen!"

I pulled up the left sleeve of my robes, showing off my own Dark Mark as well. Dumbledore's eyes went wide with fear. He expected us here but he didn't expect us to be as far along as we were in the Dark Lord's plans.

"I will make it easy for you." Dumbledore said and raised his hands in the air in defeat. Draco's wand raised again.

"Expelliarmus!" Draco growled. Dumbledore's wand fell from his hand and landed on the floor beside him with a clattering sound.