T W E N T Y - N I N E

Draco's POV
I've been talking to Y/N every so often when we get paired up for group work.

She doesn't like it and nor do I.

We try to stay apart as much as possible due to being awkward and stuff. I've also tried to back away as much as possible from her.

A couple days ago when we made small talk in the Astronomy Tower, when she reached over me for her constellation chart, I wanted to grab her arm and kiss her.

I wanted to do more than just kiss her.

I had to hold myself back and I haven't done that for a long time, since fifth year.

I made my way down the corridors, towards the Room of Requirement.

Today was Saturday.

It was the day we had to fix the cabinet.

I was certain it was going to work; I've been thinking of this plan for weeks.

I entered the Room of Requirement and made my way to the notes I wrote as far back as a month ago.

I've read them about a hundred times and could probably recite them if someone told me too.

I grabbed my quill and jotted down some last minute notes as I do every time I'm up there.

I heard the door creak open again and with no surprise, it was Y/N.

"Ready?" She asked.

She looked really anxious and was playing with her fingers; something I noticed as early as fourth year that she does when she's guilty or extremely nervous about something.

I've always found it adorable, even now.

It was the weekend so she wasn't in her robes, she was actually wearing something different.

She wore her hair in a messy bun with pair of black leggings and a grey hoodie. A big hoodie.

That wasn't just any hoodie though.

It was mine.

She stumbled through the disastrous room and made her way to me.

"I'm ready if you are," I told her.

She nodded and bit her lip.

God, I love it when she does that.

"Let's get this over with, shall we?" She cleared her throat.

"Yeah,"

She opened the cabinet doors and hoisted herself into the cabinet, her wand was in hand.

"Do you remember the spell?" I questioned her suspiciously.

"Yes," she insisted.

"Recite it,"

"Terminus ad Viam," she said and clutched her wand tighter.

"Good luck," I whispered, hopefully not loud enough to hear me.

I closed the doors and recited the spell I've been reciting for months now.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus,"

Y/N's POV
I took a deep breath as I heard Draco mumbling the familiar spell.

I tried to remember exactly what I did last time.

I shut my eyes and heard a click, I was hesitant to open them at first but then they flickered open because I remembered I had limited time.