E I G H T Y - F I V E

Start from the beginning

"Kayd? Are you okay?" I asked.

He scoffed now and turned to us. "Stop your fucking act, okay? I know your secret."

I expected Draco to give us away and look worried but he curved his eyebrows in confusion. "I don't know what you're talking about, Buckley."

Kayden caught my stare and held it for a minute. Then, he turned to Draco and leaned into the middle of the seats. "I know you're fucking Death Eaters!"

"I already told you we're not." I insisted, shrugging my shoulders.

Inside, I was panicking. Kayden wasn't just confronting me now, he was confronting Draco.

He had no doubt. But why?

"You're fucking mad." Draco hissed.

Kayden looked the angriest I've ever seen him as he sat back into his seat. His lip trembled in anger. "Why are you lying to me? I don't understand. Do you think I'm going to tell anyone?"

"We're not lying." I said, trying to be as convincing as possible.

"If this is about me telling Alana-" Kayden started.

"This isn't about anything, Buckley. We're not Death Eaters and if we have something we're not telling you, it's probably for your own damn safety so shut the fuck up and let's have a good train ride before we go for break." Draco took over.

Kayden's anger dropped slightly. "So, I'm not crazy then? There is actually something going on?"

"Kayden-" I looked to the ground, shaking my head.

"Just confirm it and I'll shut up," he said, sitting up straighter. "Please."

My gaze and Draco's latched on to each others again. There must have been a glint of begging in my eyes because Draco turned to Kayden and nodded.

"Yes, there's something going on." Draco confirmed. I sighed of relief.

"And you can't tell me because it's too dangerous?" Kayden asked, head lifting up higher.

"Yes." Draco and I said in unison.

Kayden laid back in his seat. "Thank you."

We both nodded, displaying our versions of 'you're welcome'.

"Just, guys," Kayden started again. We both looked at him questionably. "Be careful."

The train ride went pretty smoothly after that. Kayden talked about what he was going to do when he got back home and seemed fairly contempt with the information Draco and I had given him.

He left the train and compartment first, giving me a tight hug and a kiss on the top of my head (which Draco seethed at) and gave Draco a pleasant hand shake.

Draco and I left the train together, carrying our trunks in one hand, each other's hands in the other.

It was quite easy to catch the shocking blonde-on-black hair ensemble from far away. Even if Narcissa Malfoy was standing at a wall from many of the other parents.

We scrambled away from the cluster of witches and wizards alike to see her after the many months away with little to no word from the brilliant witch.

Her eyes surfed the crowd as she saw her son, who's hair was just as white as her husbands and her own and he girl holding his hand -- me.

She opened her arms wide and engulfed Draco tightly, leaving many bright red kiss marks on his cheek.

He hugged her back tighter than she hugged him. Draco must've really, really missed her.

When they pulled away from each other, Narcissa placed a hand on Draco's cheek and said. "Hello my beautiful boy."