Chapter Twenty Four: Jess' Secret

(Song: Kill the Director by The Wombats)

I woke up once again in George's room. I was in his arms and I heard light snores from him.

"George wake up, it's morning," I said as I got up from the bed. My legs were slightly shaky but I was still able to move around.

He sat up in his bed as I began putting my shoes on.

"I guess I didn't do enough damage, considering you're still able to stand," he said sarcastically.

I laughed.

"I'll admit I'm trying not to lose my balance Georgie," I said as I turned to look at him.

"Can we stay in bed just this once?" he begged as he rubbed his eyes.

I smiled.

"Sorry love, but exams are coming up," I said as I kissed his forehead.

I walked over to the bathroom to wash my face and found a passed out Fred on the floor.

"George, I think Freddie overdid it last night," I said as I got closer to him.

George came behind me and we both stood over him.

"Mate, get up!" George said as he nudged him with his foot. Fred let out a small groan.

"At least he isn't dead," he said.

I let out a small giggle.

"Let's get him into bed," I said reaching for his arm.

George let out a sigh as we both dragged Fred into his empty bed. He woke up as I tried to take off his shoes and George put a pillow behind his head.

"Hey...you two," he said with a slurred speech.

Then he looked dead at me.

"Vera, you had a little too much fun with Georgie last night," he said pointing at my chest then passing out once again.

This caused George to burst out laughing as I threw a pillow at Fred.

George and I also noticed some purple marks on his neck.

"Looks like Angelina got a little carried away," George replied.

I smiled.

"You got something I can cover up with? Don't want anyone questioning me," I said.

He nodded as he went over to his dresser and pulled out his quidditch sweater. He handed it to me.

"For the record, I don't think you should hide these. You'll be having them year round, so you should get used to it," he said with a stupid grin on his face.

I rolled my eyes then slipped the sweater on, it was a bit oversized.

"You are adorable in my sweaters," he said.

I laughed.

"I'll see you later, make sure he's drinking extra fluids," I said gesturing to Fred. I gave him a quick peck on the lips before leaving.

I made my way to the Ravenclaw common room. I roamed the quiet halls and saw a few early risers beginning their day. It was seven in the morning as the sun was barely rising. I loved the smell of dewy grass in the morning.

As I made my way up the stairs, I noticed a familiar face coming down. Jess was still in last night's gold dress with her heels in her hands.

"Morning Jess," I said.