Chapter Twelve: Birthday Pt.2

(Song: Wild by Troye Sivan)

I slowly make my way to Hagrid's Hut assuming he has my fourth clue. It's already 2pm, and I was getting hungry.

Standing in front of Hagrid's was Ron Weasley.

"Ron? Are you my fourth clue?" I asked.

He nodded.

"They forced you into this huh?" I continued.

"You think Fred and George would let me live if I said no?" he responded.

I laughed.

"I suppose not," I replied.

He handed me the peony containing another letter.

E

"Anyways, they predicted you'd be hungry by now. So they set up a small picnic in the garden. Come along," Ron said, walking towards the garden.

"Bloody hell, they thought of everything," I exclaimed, letting out a laugh.

We walked for a couple of minutes until I saw Fred, George, and Lilah.

"I'll be on my way, Happy Birthday Vera," Ron said patting my back.

"You don't wanna join us?" I offered.

"Nah, I've got loads to do, but thanks," he said walking off.

"There she is," Lilah says.

"Vera darling, come sit," George said, patting down next to him.

They all sat on a picnic blanket under the tree. They had a couple of sandwiches, some drinks, and loads of sweets including purple and orange frosted cupcakes.
I sat next to George as he passed me a sandwich.

"How's the scavenger hunt going?" Fred asked me as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"It's pretty good, but why the letters?" I asked.

"You'll see soon enough," Lilah said with a wink.

We sat and ate for a couple of minutes. I noticed George looking at my hand.

"Nice ring," he commented.

"Oh thanks, it was a gift from the Malfoy's," I said, showing it to the other two.

"It's nice, but they know you're in Ravenclaw, right?" Lilah said letting out a small giggle.

I laughed.

"Yeah, but they consider me an unofficial Slytherin," I replied.

Lilah looked through her bag.

"Get close you three, I wanna get a picture," she says, taking out her camera.

Fred and George both put their arm around me as they both had a goofy smile on their faces.

The flash went off.

"Now a nice one," Lilah said.

We all smiled regularly.

Out of nowhere Fred smashed a cupcake in my face.

"Fred you git," I said laughing.

Lilah took a photo then handed me a rag. I cleaned my face.

"You missed a spot," George said as he grabbed me by my chin.

He grabbed the rag and ran it gently over my cheek. His eyes trailed down to my lips once again. I admired every detail on his face.The freckles on his cheekbones, the golden flecks of his irises, his pink lips.