Chapter One Hundred and Seven: May the Madness Never End

(Song: Arcade by Duncan Laurence)

February approached very quickly. It was going to be my first Valentine's Day with Adrian so I had that to look forward to.

The Weasley's managed to rebuild the Burrow, only taking a couple of weeks. They finally settled into their new house about a week ago.

I already missed having them at my house. It was always great coming home to a lively household.

Adrian, Maddie, and I were making our way toward the shop. We were going to take the girls to the park after the shop closes at five.

I just got off from work.

"Did the new issue come out today?" Adrian asked.

I nodded.

"This time I helped with the cover," I said.

"I'm proud of you V, it's really hard to balance work, life, and philanthropy," he added.

I smiled.

"You used philanthropy in a sentence," I said, making fun of him.

"Shut up V," he said while holding in a laugh.

When we got to the shop Sid was already about to lock the doors.

"Hey guys! Come on in, we're ten minutes til closing," he said, ushering us inside.

"Thanks, we're just waiting on Fred, Angie, and Roxy," I replied.

He nodded as he closed the door behind us.

Elle and Marina were busy checking out the last minute purchases being made at the till.

"How's life Sid?" Adrian asked him.

"Pretty good, Fred's been talking about giving me and Elle a promotion since George and Laurie will be taking family leave around late July," he said.

"That's exciting Sid, congrats," I replied.

"Thanks. Who's this adorable girl?" Sid asked, referring to Maddie in the stroller

Maddie was already seven months old. She could sit up by herself and even crawl a bit. She was a very happy baby.

"Sid this is Adrian's sister Maddie," I said.

"She looks just like you Adrian, could pass for your daughter," he ended.

I laughed.

"Not anytime soon," I replied.

Adrian and Sid both laughed at this. Sid went to dust a few shelves before he had to leave. Fred was coming downstairs from the apartment when he saw that I had arrived already.

"Vera!" Fred said as he rushed over to hug me.

"Freddie!" I said mimicking his voice.

He laughed.

"Why are you in such a good mood?" I asked.

He looked around to see if anyone was listening in. Then he moved in closer to Adrian and I.

"I want to propose to Angie," he whispered.

A huge smile formed on my face, as well as Adrian's.

"Oh Freddie, I'm so happy for you," I said, "When and how are you going to propose?" I asked.

"I don't know, that's why I'd like my maid of honor's opinion," he said.

"Me?"

"Of course you! You're my best friend V," he added.