Chapter Forty Six: The Yule Ball

(Song: Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men)

Lilah and I walked out to the common room. It was empty because it was still an hour til the ball began. I told everyone to meet us in the courtyard. I think George and Jess were going to meet us at the banister.

"Come on," Lilah said holding my hand, as we walked out the door.

We looked down at the bottom of the stairs where I saw George and Jess talking to each other. George was wearing traditional black and white dress robes while Jess had on an off-shoulder knee-length lilac dress. They both stopped to look at us as we began walking down the stairs. George gave me a smile as we locked eyes. It was as if we were the only two there. I could see him eyeing me up and down.

"You look amazing love," Jess said as she hugged Lilah. Lilah kissed her forehead as they began walking towards the courtyard.

"Vera, you look incredible," George says as he held out his hand to hold mine. "Thanks, George, you look dashing as well," I replied as he kissed me.

We met up at the courtyard where we were greeted by Ezra, Ben, Rosie, Jane, Lee, Alicia, Fred, Angelina, Ginny, Neville, Draco, and Pansy.

"Alright we'll take the photos for our parents first," I said as Ezra, Ben, Draco and I took a group shot together.

"Alright smile," Lilah says as she took the picture.

Then we took a picture of the Weasleys. Then we moved on to the couple pictures. By then my camera was out of film.

"We'll see you at the dance," Draco said as he left with Pansy. I waved to them as the other couples followed.

It was only Fred, Angelina, Lilah, Jess, George, and I left.

"We have to go before the champions make their grand entrance," Jess said. We all nodded.

I began to walk away but George held me back by my wrist.

"Darling, I have something for you," George said as we stayed behind for a second.

"You do?" I say surprised.

He pulled out a silver necklace with a heart-shaped locket.

"It's beautiful Georgie," I said holding it. I looked closer and saw that his name was engraved on the back. When I opened the locket, it had a picture of us during Fred and George's birthday party last year where I was kissing his cheek.

"Can you put it on me?" I asked.

"Of course angel," he replied.

I put my hair up as he clasped the locket around my neck.

"Thank you, Georgie," I said, turning around to kiss him. My hands cupped his cheek as I glanced at the golden flecks in his irises.

We crowded in the Great Hall. Lilah, Jess, Fred, and Angelina stood in front of us. Professor Flitwick started up the orchestra as the champions and their dates entered through the doors. Fleur was first in line with Roger Davies, then it was Cedric with Cho.

"Is that Mione with Viktor Krum?" Lilah gasped.

"Yeah, I think so. She looks beautiful," I replied.

Lastly, we saw Harry with Parvati Patil. Ballroom music began playing as the couples began dancing. A few minutes later, other couples were invited to join the champions. Ginny and Neville were one of the first to step onto the dance floor. Then followed Lilah and Jess. Soon all of our friends were dancing.

"Care to dance, darling?" George asked, holding out his hand.

I smiled as we approached the dance floor. I put my hand on his shoulder as he put his hand on my waist. All pairs began dancing synchronously to the melodic tune.