Chapter One Hundred and Four: An Exeptional Dinner

(Song: Decode by Paramore)

It was a week before Christmas, my favorite holiday. This year things were going to be a little bit different.

On Christmas Eve, I meant to have dinner with Adrian's family. I'm spending Christmas morning with my father, Ezra, Theadora, and her son. Molly invited me for a Christmas dinner party at the burrow.

"Mimi, did you make sure there aren't any peanuts in the dessert? Thea is allergic," dad said as he ran around to help Mimi set the table.

Ezra and I were just standing there watching the madness ensuing from my father's anxiety.

Ezra wore a white long sleeve button up with black trousers and black oxfords to match while I wore a black and white plaid dress with a white mock neck long sleeve underneath with black combat boots.

"I get why it's a big deal but did he have to make us dress up?" Ezra whispered.

I shrugged.

"First impressions are important, I guess," I replied.

That's when the doorbell rang, making my dad freeze.

"Did you want me to get it dad?" Ez asked.

"Nope," he said as he set down the piles of silverware he was holding, "Just stay here while I go get her," he said.

As he left to get the door, I took out my wand and swished it to finish setting the table.

Ezra and I stayed quiet as we prepared to meet the woman who was responsible for my father's happiness.

"Honey, this is my son," a woman's voice said.

"Blaise, pleasure to meet you," another voice said.

Ezra and I immediately looked at each other with wide eyes and shocked expressions.

"Blaise?" I repeated not believing what we just heard.

"It can't be," Ezra said.

"Nice to meet you Blaise, I'm Harrison," my dad said.

"Harrison? Harrison Clarke?" Blaise said.

"Right, have we met before?" dad asked.

"Uh, I don't believe so. But you have two kids..." Blaise began. The sound of his voice was getting closer and closer until the three of them appeared in the dining room.

Theadora was very pretty. She had a gorgeous complexion, mesmerizing hazel eyes, and a silver dress that complimented dad's outfit. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Blaise was her son.

"Ezra and Vera," he finished looking at us with a matching shocked expression.

An awkward silence followed.

"Hi Blaise," I said, trying to break the enormous tension in the room between the three of us.

"Oh good, you kids know each other," Dad said, "Vera, Ezra, this is Theadora Zabini," he said.

"Pleasure," Ezra said, shaking her hand.

"Very nice to meet you," I said, shaking her hand.

"The pleasure is all mine really. Your father tells me that you two are very accomplished. Especially you Vera," she began, "You are the youngest writer in the history of Wizard's Weekly, a businesswoman, and a philanthropist. And you just turned eighteen. Wow," she said, amazed.

"Thank you Thea," I said with a big smile.

"And Ezra Clarke, the newest curse breaker at Gringotts, Harrison must be very proud,"she said.