Chapter Fifty Seven: Summer in Paris Pt.6

(Song: I Love You, Will You Marry Me by YUNGBLUD)

It was the last day before George and Ezra had to take the train home tomorrow. We had a date planned at the Champs de Mars. Then we were going to explore the shops to get outfits for tonight.

Finn invited us to Wanderlust again. This time George and Ezra were going to come.

"Didn't ever think I'd be having a picnic in Paris," George said as he took a bite of a strawberry.

I nodded.

"To be honest, I don't want you to leave tomorrow," I confessed.

He smiled.

"I know darling, but I'll see you again in two weeks," he said as he caressed my cheek.

I smiled.

"Then we'll be starting our last year at Hogwarts, and soon after that, you'll be opening your shop with Fred," I said.

He smiled and looked into my eyes.

"You think so?" he asked as doubts slowly filled his thoughts.

"Georgie, I know so. You have friends that support you two," I replied.

He interlaced his fingers with mine.

"You are amazing V, if it weren't for our age, I would ask you to marry me on the spot," he said.

"Ask me in a few years," I replied as I kissed his cheek.

We finished up at the park and headed to the shops. Ben had mentioned that there were a few shops not too far from where we had the picnic.

We found a small shop full of designer clothes and accessories.

I saw many pretty dresses in the shop but one dress, in particular, caught my eye. The navy blue silk fabric was highlighted under the sun. It was a front twist dress with a plunging neckline and had lace back details.

"I'm going to try this on, you can sit and wait on the bench," I said gesturing to the small bench in front of the dressing room.

"All right, I'll be waiting," he said as he made himself comfortable.

I hurried and made my way to the dressing room. I slipped on the dress. It fit like a glove.

The dress hugged my curves, the plunging neckline exposed my chest more than I'd like, but I felt confident. The dress cut off just above my knees.

I thought it was perfect.

I opened the fitting room door to see George waiting with his head back against the wall.

"Georgie? What do you think?" I asked.

The moment he laid eyes on me, a smile grew on his face.

"You look like a goddess Vera," he said as his cheeks were turning a light shade of pink.

I smiled.

"So I should get it?" I asked.

He nodded without any hesitation.

After we left, we found a menswear shop not too far from us.

Georgie looked good in the black jacket he tried on. I picked it out for him. Black was definitely one of his colors.

"What do you think V?" he asked.

I nodded.

"You look great, you can pair it with a white shirt and black denim," I suggested.