Chapter Eighty Three: Almost Lethal

(Song: Tennis Court by Lorde)

Nothing really happened these past couple of days besides Uncle Sirius' funeral.

The ceremony was overall very sad but we tried to keep his memory alive. From the farewell speeches I've heard, Sirius was a bit of a jokester.

Remus mentioned in his speech that James and Sirius were always pulling pranks around Hogwarts and somehow he was always dragged into it.

It lightened up the room.

He also expressed how Sirius loved Harry like he was his own son. Harry seemed to smile at that.

Then he mentioned me.

"Even though Sirius had only met Vera last summer, when he found out they were related, he didn't hesitate to treat her like family. He said, and I quote 'She's the last tie I have to Regulus, I'm going to cherish her'. And so he did,"

I smiled at those words. George held my hand and comforted me throughout the entire ceremony.

After the memorial, I got the chance to meet Remus' girlfriend, Tonks. She's really cool. She's a metamorphmagus, she can alter her appearance to anything she desires.

He seemed really happy with her.

I also started my job at Wizards Weekly again. I went to the office a few times a week since I can easily write an article from home.

Fred, George, Angie, and I managed to finish furnishing the flat. It had a cozy atmosphere like the burrow. It felt like home.

I rolled over to the other side, George was in a deep sleep. His red hair was messy and it covered his beautiful freckled face. The sunlight from the window peeked through the curtains and hit his face, highlighting his best features.

His eyes opened slowly as we both stayed silent and looked at each other in a loving way.

"I will always cherish waking up to your beautiful face Vera," he whispered as he caressed my cheek.

I smiled.

"How is it that you always know what to say?" I asked him.

He smiled then kissed my forehead.

"Are you going to the office today?" he asked.

I nodded as I got up from the bed and began picking out my clothes from the dresser to go to work.

"I'm also meeting Ezra and Ben for dinner tonight, you wanna come with?" I asked.

Georgie sat up on the bed and began stretching his arms.

"I would darling but we still need to do a few preparations before the store opens next week," he said.

"That's okay babe, did you need me to help?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"You've done so much already V, Laurie's coming by tonight to help with inventory," he said.

I froze at the sound of her name.

"Alright, I'm going to shower," I said as I stormed to the bathroom.

I don't think Fred and Angie were awake yet, so I quickly hopped into the shower.

I'll admit, ever since Laurie and I had that conversation about Pucey in my dorm, I began disliking her even more.

I just didn't want to cause any more problems between us.

Did Laurie really care about George as a friend? Or does she have feelings for him?