Chapter Thirty One: Studying With Benjamin Ellis

(Song: You by the 1975)

A week has gone by so fast, I was trying to get used to my schedule. I was already up and getting ready for classes today. I went to the common room where I ran into a small girl, with long blonde curly hair, in her uniform. She had a peculiar necklace on. She was looking under the couches for something.

"You okay there?" I asked.

The girl looked up at me and stood up.

"Someone stole my tie, I think they hid it somewhere," she said in a soft voice.

"That's awful, you want me to help you look?" I offered.

She smiled.

"That's alright, I'm sure it'll turn up," she said.

"Here, you can borrow mine. I've got an extra one upstairs," I said taking my tie off and handing it to her.

She smiled as she inspected it. She ran her fingers across my initials on the back.

"V.C? Is that your name?" she asks as she slipped it on.

I nodded.

"Vera Clarke, and you are?" I asked, holding out my hand.

"Luna Lovegood pleased to meet you," she said, shaking it.

"So Luna, why did someone steal your tie?" I asked.

"People like to play jokes on me. They always hide my stuff. They think I'm unusual," she said.

"That's still no excuse to bully you," I reply.

"It's all good fun," she said calmly, "Thank you for the loan, I gotta run," she said before skipping out of the common room.

I hurried back upstairs to grab my other tie. Lilah was already at her charms class, which we sadly didn't have together. We did however have Advanced Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts together along with Fred and George.

I made my way down to my transfiguration class, where I sat next to Lee. Unfortunately for me, Adrian Pucey and Aria Kingsley were both in this class too.

I took my seat next to Lee which was luckily on the other side of the room. I could catch Adrian and Aria whisper to each other and laugh as they looked at me. I tried my best to ignore them. The last thing I needed is to get detention the second week of school.

"Welcome to sixth-year transfiguration," Professor McGonagall said. The class went by pretty quickly after that.

Class ended as Lee and I packed up our bag quickly to meet Fred and George in the courtyard. We found Lilah walking out of her charms class.

"Lilah, we're meeting up with the twins, care to join us?" I asked.

She nodded as we all walked to the courtyard. Fred and George were jotting down stuff on a piece of parchment when we arrived.

"Already studying boys?" Lilah said as she sat next to them on the grass.

"Good one Walsh, but we actually need your help," Fred said.

"You need Lilah for something?" I began as I sat next to George. "What are you two on about?" I continued as I kissed George on the cheek.

Fred handed the piece of parchment to Lilah.

"An aging potion? For what?" she asked.

"You two are not serious about the tournament, are you?" Lee asked.

They both nodded.

"Are you two mad? You'll get yourselves killed," I said in opposition to the idea.