Chapter One Hundred and Three: Making Amends

(Song: Via Veneto by Phoenix)

It's already been a month since Roxy was born. I made sure that Fred wasn't too caught up at work so he could spend time with his family.

Thank goodness the shop hasn't been as busy since school started two months ago. There have been a lot of mail in orders however, but I hear that George and Laurie manage.

Elle, Sid, and Marina tell me that everything has been going smoothly since they had that talk with her. If it were up to me, she would've been fired months ago. Maybe I'm just biased.

My eighteenth birthday also passed. Fred, Ezra, Lilah, and Ben planned a birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant with Adrian and all my friends. George wasn't there but I didn't care.

Adrian and I also had a celebration of our own that night.

Fast forward to today. I really dreaded this day, but I knew it had to happen.

I sat patiently at the cafe table waiting for Adrian. I had already ordered a small coffee and a cinnamon roll when I heard the door open.

Adrian was in all black including a black leather jacket pushing a stroller. He kissed my forehead before letting Maddie out of the stroller.

"Hi blossom," he said sitting down with Maddie in his lap.

"Hi love. Hi Maddie," I said in my usual baby voice.

Adrian gave her to me. I happily cradled her in my arms.

"Should Maddie really be here for this?" I asked, "What if Aria pulls an asshole move and I punch him?" I said half joking.

He smiles.

"My dad needed a sitter. Besides, I've already warned him. You and Aria need to learn to be civil if we're going to date," he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Aria Kingsley tormented me throughout school. I can't just let that go," I said.

He nodded.

"You forgave me," Adrian added.

"Well you proved to me that you changed," I replied.

"Good point, I'm going to get a coffee," he said before getting up to order his drink.

I looked at Maddie who was entertained by the cars passing by.

"Hope you're ready to meet Kingsley, Maddie," I said as I turned her to face me, "He's something else," I said with a smile.

She smiled and put her hands to my cheek to squeeze my face.

I began laughing along with her.

"Wow, you and Adrian got busy fast," Aria said as he sat across from me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up Aria, this is Maddie," I said.

Before I could say anything else, Adrian came back with two coffees in his hand. He sat next to me.

"So first things first, anything you want to say to Vera, Kingsley?" Adrian said, sliding the cup to him.

He sighed.

"Vera, I'm sorry for the way I treated you in school," he said but something was weird.

He seemed sincere.

"I completely deserved everything you did to hurt me," he said.

"Yeah..." I replied.

Adrian laughed.