Chapter One Hundred and Twenty One: Our Perfect Moment

"We should really talk about that," I said.

"Not tonight V, it's their wedding day," he said.

I nodded.

"We haven't danced together since the Yule ball," George said, changing the subject.

"I know that was years ago," I said.

He nodded.

The song had ended and it was time for dinner and then the speeches. I was so nervous since I hated public speaking.

Even if it was in front of friends and family.

***

"Lilah and Jess, I know you guys will live on to have a happy marriage. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this happy occasion. I love you two," Fred ended his speech.

Jess was already crying at this point. Lilah was wiping her tears away.

"Your turn," George whispered.

I smiled nervously and got up from my seat to walk to the microphone next to the newlyweds.

"Hi everybody. My name is Vera, and I'm Lilah's best friend and maid of honor. Well I was her best friend before Jess stole her from me," I said smiling over to them.

Everyone laughed.

"It's okay though because Lilah has been more of a sister to me throughout our childhood. Anyways, as I was writing this speech, I began wondering when Lilah and Jess first met," I commented.

"Like many of you, I thought it was during fifth year at my birthday party. Then I realized that they had their first interaction when we were all twelve."

I looked over at Fred and George who were visibly confused.

"During a game, Jess and Lilah talked to each other and didn't even realize it. That was until Jess told Lilah and I last night."

"Yeah I know, cute right? I didn't realize Jess would come back into Lilah's life until they began going out. Lilah told me how happy Jess makes her. I've never seen Lilah talk about anyone like she does with Jess. That's how I knew she was truly in love," I said.

"On November 7, Lilah met her soulmate and we added another friend to our mischievous group. I wish you two nothing but the absolute best in your marriage. I love you both," I said ending the speech.

As everyone clapped, I walked back to my table where all my friends were waiting for me.

"That was great V," Angie said as Roxy was eating some of her snacks.

"You didn't look nervous at all," Fred mentioned.

I nodded.

"I feel like my face is burning up," I commented.

"You did amazing,"Ben said.

Rosie and Jane agreed as I was congratulated for my speech.

"It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest," I said as I relaxed a bit and began eating my dinner.

"Now it's time for the tossing of the bouquets," Ben mentioned.

"Huh?" George asked.

"The toss? It's another muggle tradition," Adrian said.

"Whoever catches the bouquet is bound to get married," Ben said.

"It's just for fun though, so don't take it too seriously," Adrian said.

I nodded.

After dinner, Lilah and Jess cut the cake. When it was time for the bouquet toss, all the guys had to line up behind Lilah.