Chapter Thirty Five: Liar, Liar

(Song: Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? by Arctic Monkeys)

I ran as fast as I could. I didn't want to be here anymore.

Before I knew it I was back at Hogwarts. Tears were running down my face as I ran past the courtyard. I immediately stormed to my dorm where I was met with an empty room.

I walked to my bathroom and splashed some water on my face. I began sorting my feelings. I was mad that George let her borrow his beanie. But I also knew that George wouldn't intentionally hurt me.

"Vera, please open the door," I heard George say from outside.

I took a deep breath as I opened the door to my room.

"Vera, I can explain everything," he said.

He looked kinda off.

"Explain it then," I said as I walked to my bed.

George closed the door behind me as he sat down next to me. I finally smelled it. Fire whiskey.

"Camila kept taking my beanie off. She was annoying the fuck out of me so I just left it. I swear Vera," he said.

I sighed.

"I suspected something like that happened. Does she not get that you're taken?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I told her the first day I met her. She won't fucking listen," he said frustrated.

I sighed.

"It's like Emmy, but worse," he continued.

"You know I trust you, George," I said.

"Can I be honest though?" he asked.

I nodded.

"I feel the same way whenever I see you and Ben together," he said.

"Why? He doesn't flirt with me," I said, a little defensive.

"You're telling me I have no reason to feel this way about Ben?" he asked as if he knew something.

"Yes, you're being a little unreasonable," I said.

I could see him getting a little irritated.

"So you're not going to tell me that Ben had a crush on you?" he added.

I froze.

"Who told you?" I asked

He got up.

"It doesn't fucking matter, I can't believe you didn't tell me," he yelled. The fire whiskey was finally kicking in.

"It was years ago for fuck sakes, he's been over it," I shouted as I stood up.

"You don't know that for sure," he replied.

"Yes, I do. George, you're being delusional," I replied.

I felt like this was his breaking point.

"Do you like him?" he asked.

My blood boiled at his question.

"No George, how could you even ask me that?" I said as I began tearing up.

He stood quiet.

"Camila was right, you're a liar. Just like your death eater family," he uttered.

I couldn't believe what just came out of his mouth.

"Fuck you, George," I screamed at him.

He slammed the door on his way out.

I couldn't take it anymore, I felt destroyed. I knew George my whole life, not once did he hold where I came from against me. I guess after six years his true colors were showing.