Chapter Eighty Two: Goodbye Hogwarts

(Song: Hometown by Twenty One Pilots)

"That's everything," I said as I closed my chest.

Galileo was hooting quietly amongst his cage. Everything was all packed up and ready to go. It will be the last time I'll ever be on Hogwarts grounds.

I looked at Lilah who just had a sad expression on her face. I knew exactly what she was thinking about.

"Delilah Kate Walsh you were the best roommate I could ever ask for," I said with tears in my eyes.

After today, we wouldn't be roommates anymore. I'd be with George at our new flat while she and Jess would move in together.

"Vera Eleanor Black you were the bestest friend I could ever ask for," she said as she ran to hug me.

At this point we were both crying hysterically.

"Aww you two are absolutely adorable," Angie said.

"You two are making me cry," Jess said.

After a few minutes we tried to pull ourselves together. I handed George and Fred some of my belongings so we could start heading home.

"Promise you'll visit us?" I tell Lilah and Jess.

They both nodded.

"We're not leaving for Anglesey until after summer, so we'll come visit often," Jess said.

I nodded.

"Wait V," Lilah said as she ran to her bedside table to grab something. She pulled out a piece of parchment.

"Umm...You wrote this back in fifth year and destroyed it in the bathroom sink. I thought you'd might want to look back at it so I managed to undo it," she said holding it out to me.

In her hands was the confession I wrote to George Weasley when I was only fifteen.

I smiled.

"Lilah," I began, "How did you-"

"Easy spell, I also thought you might want it for your scrapbook," she said.

"Thanks," I said putting the piece of parchment in my pocket.

She smiled and nodded.

"You two are meant for each other," she said.

"What's that V?" George asked.

"Seems important," Fred followed.

"It's nothing boys," Lilah said giving me a wink.

I smiled and turned to Angie.

"Angie, I'll see you tomorrow," I said as I hugged her, but her baby bump got in the way.

I stood in my dorm one last time and looked around.

"Tell Lee I said goodbye," I said to them.

They all nodded.

I stood in the middle of the twins with my backpack in my hands.

"Where are we going?" Fred asked.

"Home?" George followed.

"Not to be cheesy but Hogwarts is my home," I began, "Let's go to 12 Grimmauld Place first," I said.

They both nodded.

And with one last wave and smile, we all apparated to the House of Black.

***

The house was dark, darker than usual. Sirius' passing left a void throughout the place.

We left my belongings in the entryway. We were just going to be there for a little while.