Chapter One: George Weasley

(Song: Always Forever by Cults)

The first time I saw George, he was standing with his twin brother Fred. We were waiting to be sorted and I was pretty anxious to be honest.

My older brother Ezra had been sorted into Slytherin a year prior my first year attending Hogwarts.

In fact most of my family was sorted into the house of Slytherin. And I didn't want to be any different.

"You alright?" George asked me, shaking me out of my daydream.

I looked up to him, he had a concerned look on his face.

"If I must be honest, then no," I replied, turning my attention back to the next student waiting to be sorted.

"Gryffindor" the sorting hat said while it was placed on his head. A roar of cheers came from the Gryffindor table.

"Don't be nervous, you'll be fine" his twin Fred chimed in.

I looked and gave him a small smile.

I began once again fidgeting with my bracelet.

"I'm George Weasley by the way," he said holding out his hand waiting for me to shake it. I shook his hand firmly.

"Vera Clarke" I replied.

"Fred Weasley" his brother followed as he also held out his hand for me to shake it.

I smiled and shook it.

"Hey isn't your brother Ezra Clarke?" Fred asked.

I nodded.

"Yeah, he's the seeker for the Slytherin team," I replied.

"Our brother Charlie was captain of the Gryffindor team," George said.

I smiled.

"So does this mean you'll be sorted into Slytherin?" He asked.

I shrugged at his question.

"I'll bet you'll be sorted into Gryffindor though," I replied.

They both nodded at my prediction.

Our conversation ended when Professor McGonagall called out my name.

"Vera Clarke"

I waved goodbye to the boys as I took a deep breath and walked over to the stool. Professor McGonagall gently placed the hat on my head and it began thinking.

"Hmm.... ambitious, also very clever...you're a confusing one...Ah yes...a ready mind...Ravenclaw!"

An energetic cheer came from the Ravenclaw table.

I stood there frozen for a second before I realized I had to move. I looked over to Fred and George who were clapping along with the other first years.

I sat down at the table being greeted by all the students before glancing over to my brother Ezra. He looked conflicted and almost disappointed.I looked down and began fidgeting with my bracelet once again.

"Gryffindor!" the hat said as it was placed on Fred's head. Not long after George was sorted into the same house.

A couple years passed by, my family was close to disowning me after they found out I sorted into Ravenclaw. Ezra calmed them down by suggesting that Ravenclaw was much better than getting sorted into Gryffindor, which I appreciated.

Fred and George became my closest friends. Although we were sorted into different houses which meant different schedules, we always managed to find time to spend together. I even managed to visit the burrow a couple of times in the summer.