Chapter One Hundred and Twelve: Bitterweet Ending

And just like that the weekend had already ended.

I've been spending most of it in bed, just crying and sleeping.

Angie, Freddie, and Roxy have dropped by to check on me. I'm forever grateful for them.

"I brought you some pasta from the Italian deli down the street. You need to eat," Freddie said.

I smiled.

"Thanks," I said as I opened the container and swirled some pasta with my fork.

"I know you're feeling down, but you've got to talk to me," he continued.

I looked off to the side to see Roxy crawling around the room playing with one of her toys.

"V?" Angie said.

I sighed.

"Adrian helped Emmy try to kill me those two times back at Hogwarts," I said.

"For fuck sakes," Freddie ran his fingers through his hair.

"Oh my god V," Angie gasped.

I nodded.

"Please don't overreact Freddie, it's the last thing I need," I pleaded.

His jaw was clenched but he let out a frustrated sigh.

"Fine," he said as he bent down to pick his daughter up.

"What are you going to do?" Angie asked.

I shrugged.

"I think I'm more mad at the fact that he didn't tell me. I would've accepted his apology since it happened years ago," I said.

"Do you love him?" Angie asked.

She sat next to me on my bed as Fred played with Roxy on the floor.

"That's the problem," I began as I closed the pasta container, "I thought I did love him but the night of the charity gala, I came home and brewed amortentia," I said.

"You didn't smell Adrian?" she asked.

"I smelled George again," I said.

Angie and Fred stood quiet.

"You guys don't know how much I wish I'd smell Adrian. I really do love him, but it will never amount to the love I had for George," I said tearing up.

Fred sat at the edge of my bed.

"Look, I know George is my brother but are you willing to give him another chance? This isn't the first time he hurt you V," he said.

A single tear rolled down my cheek. Angie passed me a tissue from my bedside table.

"I know...God I'm so pathetic," I said as I wiped my tear.

"You're not pathetic V. Love just works in weird ways," Angie said.

"I really don't know what to do," I replied.

"It's okay love," Freddie began, "I'm sure whatever you decide, it will work out in the end," he said.

I sighed.

I honestly didn't know what to do.

I didn't want to lead Adrian on any longer if I couldn't love him one hundred percent.

"George is still the same as always, if you're wondering," Angie added.

"I don't think he's going to get over this anytime soon," he said, "But if he did care about you, he would've come to see if you were doing alright in the hospital," Fred said.