Chapter Fifty Eight: Back to the Burrow

(Song: Role Model by Phoenix)

George and Ezra left home two weeks ago. My last day was yesterday, Ben and I were taking the train back home to London. We kept ourselves busy by reading our books and eating sweets.

"Paris was interesting," I commented, making Ben look up from his book.

"At least it was a good experience for you...well most of it," he said.

I smiled.

We finally arrived at King's Cross Station an hour later. There stood Uncle Lucius with Ezra and Draco waiting for us. Ben and I said goodbye as he left to greet his parents.

"I'll swing by soon, write to me V," he said as he hugged me.

"Will do Benji," I said teasingly.

He smiled as we pulled apart.

"I'll see you soon Ezra," he said patting his back.

"Nice to see you again Mr. Malfoy, Draco," he said as he waved one last time before leaving to meet his parents.

Draco had changed while I was away. His hair was a little longer and wavy. The major thing I noticed is that he now towered over me. One summer can definitely change a person.

"Hi guys, I missed you all," I said as I hugged uncle Lucius and Ezra.

"And you are?" I joked referring to Draco's drastic height difference.

"Shut up Clarke, good to have you back," he said as he patted my head.

I rolled my eyes as we made our way to the car. The car ride didn't take long as we arrived at my house within a few minutes. Ezra and I got out of the car as the Malfoys stayed inside.

"Dinner is at eight tonight, so be ready," uncle Lucius said as we walked into the house.

"Alright, we'll see you then," Ezra said as we waved goodbye.

We went inside as the smell of something sweet filled the whole house.

"What smells amazing?" I asked as I set my stuff down inside.

"Mimi made your favorite," Ezra said, helping me with a few bags.

"Pie?" I said excitedly.

Just then a small house elf wearing a pink apron appeared from the kitchen with two slices of pie.

"Good to have you back Vera," she said, handing Ezra and me a slice.

"Thank you, Mimi, I've missed your cooking," I said.

"But of course Vera, Mimi has to go clean up now," she said walking away.

"Where's mum and dad?" I asked.

"Caught up at the office, they asked me to keep you company before dinner tonight," he replied.

I nodded.

"So I heard you're starting your job at the ministry next week, that sounds exciting," I said to him as we sat down on the sofa.

He smiled.

"I know you thought I'd choose to play for Puddlemere, Vera," he said.

I slowly nodded.

"How come you didn't?" I asked.

"I really thought about it. Quidditch isn't a stable job, and in the end, the ministry will always be the safest bet," he began, "Besides, I get to see Ben every day and Rosie," he said with a smile.