Chapter Nineteen: Dinner At Malfoy Manor

(Song: I Want To Break Free by Queen)

"Welcome back Ezra and Vera it's so good to see you again," aunt Narcissa said as she opened the door.

"Thank you aunt Narcissa," I responded as I walked in through the double doors.

"Happy Birthday Vera, I see you liked our gift," she said gesturing to the snake ring.

I nodded.

As we walked in, we quickly were greeted by Draco.

"Hey Draco," I said.

"Hi V," he replied.

We all walked to the dining room where the celebration was being held.

The Malfoy's dining room had a dark ambience to it. Their decor consisted of black and white. A feast was prepared and already set at the table. Draco, Ezra, and I all sat together while my father, mother, and aunt Narcissa sat across from us. Uncle Lucius sat at his usual place at the head of the table.

"Now that we've reunited, we can all propose a toast," uncle Lucius began as he stood up. Everyone had their glasses raised. "To Vera...Happy Birthday Dear. Here's to many more years," he ended as we all took a sip of our drinks.

We finished up dinner and moved to the lounge room as we prepared to open a few gifts.

My mum handed me a small box with a green bow on it. I slowly unwrapped the box and lifted the lid. It was a pair of silver and green emerald earrings.

"I hope you like them darling," my father said.

"They're beautiful," I said as I hugged my mother and father.

Just then aunt Narcissa came out with three small boxes.

"I know we got you a gift already, but this is actually a present for all three of you," she says as she handed me, Ezra, and Draco all a small box.

We all opened our gift to reveal matching rings. They were silver with the Slytherin crests on them.

"We hope you kids stay close like Harrison and I have since our Hogwarts days," uncle Lucius said, gesturing to my father.

"Thank you uncle Lucius and aunt Narcissa," Ezra said as he proudly slipped it on his ring finger.

"Yeah, thank you father, and mum," Draco followed as he hugged his mum.

"It's beautiful," I gasped as I hugged both of them.

I slipped it on my ring finger next to my snake ring.

"Why won't you kids go have fun and relax," uncle Lucius began saying, "Harrison, Anastasia, we have much to talk about," he said, putting an arm around my father as he led him to the garden.

"I'm going to the library," I said as I began to head down the hall. Draco followed behind.

"You two go ahead, I'll be there in a minute," Ezra said before heading the other way.

Ever since I was a kid, the library was my favorite part of Malfoy Manor. It was as big as the one in the Ravenclaw common room but had a Slytherin ambience. Draco and I sat on the two couches across from each other.

"Do you ever wonder if the sorting hat put you in the wrong house?" he asked me.

I thought about it.

"When I got sorted, I thought it was going to put me in Slytherin. The first word it said was ambitious, but then it also said I had a ready mind," I began saying, "It said I was difficult to read," I said.