Chapter Twenty Six: Summer Day At The Burrow Pt.1

(Song: The English Summer by the Wombats)

Summer break began three weeks ago, but it's been pretty dull so far. My father and mother are gone most of the day, which left Ezra and I home by ourselves all afternoon.

Ezra's birthday was last week. We had a small celebration at our house with the Malfoy's where he announced that he was the new captain of the Slytherin team. I got him a journal with the Slytherin crest on it. This also meant that he was finally able to use magic outside of school.

George and I have been sending each other letters every day via the enchanted box. I want to go visit the burrow but I don't want my parents finding out.

I had on a black short sleeve, dark green tapered pants, and black combat boots I walked downstairs to the family room.

It was only eleven in the morning, Ezra and I were bored out of our minds.

"Is this really how we're going to spend the whole summer?" I asked Ezra who was seated on the couch. I popped down next to him.

"Well we can't really go anywhere," he replied.

I sighed.

"How about you go and visit Auden for the afternoon?" I suggested.

He gave me a deadly glare.

"What do you want Vera?" he asked, knowing me so well.

"Can you take me to the burrow? I'm dying of boredom here Ezra," I begged.

"Vera, you and I both know that we can't do that," he said.

"Come on Ezra, live a little," I said as I suddenly remembered the night of my birthday dinner.

He knew exactly what I was thinking as soon as I smiled.

"Oh for fucks sakes V," he said.

"Wouldn't want mum and dad finding out that their perfect son got wine drunk on my birthday," I said with a devilish smile.

He groaned.

"Come on, we both go visit them until 4:30 then you'll come pick me up and we disapparate back home," I said begging him.

He thought long and hard.

"Fine, but if they find out. I'm throwing you under the bus," he said as we both got up.

"Ready?" he asked, holding out his hand.

I nodded as I held it.

In a few seconds, we began apparating to the burrow. It was dark for a second then it got brighter and brighter. Next thing I knew I was standing at the Weasley's front door. I saw Mrs. Weasley through the window and waved.

A huge smile formed as she opened the front door.

"Vera, it's so good to see you, darling," she said, pulling me into a hug.

"Who's this dashing young man?" she asked with a smile.

"This is my brother Ezra, he was just dropping me off," I said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs.Weasley," he said, shaking her hand.

"You are an exact replica of your father," Mrs.Weasley said.

He smiled.

"Thank you, I don't mean to sound rude, but I must get going," Ezra began saying, "I'll be back at 4:30 sharp," he said before waving goodbye to both of us.

Ezra disapparated to Auden's house.

"Come in dear, the boys are upstairs. They'll be so happy to see you, George has been talking about you nonstop" she said closing the door behind us.