Chapter One Hundred and Two: Life Goes On

(Song: Life Goes On by BTS)

Everything was going okay for once, only one thing crossed my mind daily.

And that was Draco Malfoy.

Dad said I shouldn't get involved, especially since I'm a huge target for the dark lord. Being the daughter of a loyal follower who betrayed him tends to do that.

"Vera, I want you and Ezra to come over for a special dinner over holidays," dad said as he finished his tea.

"What's the occasion?" I asked.

He gave a small smile as he got up from his chair and sat beside me on the couch.

"Vera. I've been seeing someone," he said.

Fucking Hell.

A smile formed on my face.

"What? Who is she? How long?" I ambushed my dad with questions.

He just laughed.

"Her name is Theadora, we've been going out for a month but I think it's time you kids all met," he insisted.

"Kids? She has kids? Dad, I could barely handle Ezra," I said giggling.

"Just a son. He goes to Hogwarts but he's visiting us for the holidays. I'm sorry I haven't told you," he said as he patted my back.

"It's alright dad. I'm just happy you found someone, didn't want you to get too lonely," I said smiling.

"Don't worry about me," he said.

I nodded.

"Thanks for the tea dad, but I've got to get home," I said as I began grabbing my bag, "Angie's supposed to go into labor tomorrow. Freddie asked me to be there," I said.

He nodded.

"Alright sweetheart, tell Ezra to come by sometime," he replied as he kissed the top of my head.

I nodded.

"Tell Mimi I said goodbye," I said before apparating back home.

The house was quiet and dark. Kreacher must've gone to bed early.

I turned the lights on as I hung my jacket on the coat rack.

I looked at the clock above the mantel and saw that it was thirty minutes before midnight.

I was going to head upstairs when I heard a loud thud coming from the front door followed by two faint knocks.

Who was at the door this late?

I readied my wand and slowly approached the front door.

"Who's there?" I yelled through the door.

"Vera,"

"Who is it?"

"Vera, please come back to me,"

I sighed as I realized who it was. I opened the door cautiously.

He was sitting on the floor with an empty bottle of fire whiskey tucked away in his pocket. His back was against the wall of the hallway and his red hair was all messy.

"George, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Vera!" he yelled.

"Shh. Are you mad? You'll wake the neighbors," I said.

"Vera, I'm such an idiot," he continued saying with a slurred speech.

"George, Where's Laurie?" I asked him.