Chapter Ninety Nine: Hard Confessions

(Song: Blue Jeans by Lana Del Rey)

I ran over across the street where I saw Draco, but he turned the corner as soon as I spotted him.

"Draco wait!" I pleaded as I chased after him.

When I turned the corner, he was nowhere to be found. It was like he was avoiding me.

Did I do something to upset him? Was he mad at me?

All these anxious thoughts filled my head as I tried to figure out where he could've gone.

"Vera, you could've gotten hurt back there. A car almost hit you!" Adrian screamed in panic as he pulled me towards him.

"I saw Draco, he was right here," I said in a daze.

He didn't say anything as he pulled me into a hug and held me tight.

***

Friday afternoon rolled around in a blink of an eye. Seeing as I was the godmother of Roxanne Weasley, I had to help Molly and Ginny set up.

Adrian and I arrived at the front porch of the burrow with the huge present in hand.

"Vera!" Ginny squealed as she jumped into my arms.

"Gin, it's good to see you," I said as she let go, "This is Adrian, my boyfriend," I said hoping she wouldn't react terribly.

Of course, I told her before that I moved on but didn't tell her with whom.

"Adrian, wow. Good to see you," she said with a small but welcoming smile.

"Vera honey!" Molly said as she rushed over to give me a hug.

How I missed her sweet-scented fragrance. I missed the burrow and its entirety. With George or not, I still consider the Weasley's like my family.

"Hi Mrs. Weasley," I said as I let go, "This is Adrian," I said.

Molly looked over to Adrian with such a warm and generous smile. I don't think anyone has told her about the breakup yet.

"Such a pleasure," Molly said as she shook his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mrs.Weasley, can I help with anything?" Adrian asked.

"Arthur and the boys are setting up the canopy, they could probably use the extra hand," she said, gesturing to Arthur, Ron, Fred, Percy, and Charlie who were getting the canopy prepared.

"Okay, I'll be right back," he said to me as he took out his wand.

With a swish of his wand, the huge box magically moved to the present table located near the porch.

"Where's George?" she asked me.

"Oh, I think he's coming later with Laurie," I began saying, "The shop is closing early today," I continued.

I didn't like where this conversation was headed.

"Mum, can you help Hermione with the cupcakes? She's already burned the tops," Fred complained.

"Shove off Fred!" Hermione yelled from inside the burrow.

"Oh dear, we'll catch up later," she said before heading back inside.

Fred walked up to me and hugged me.

"Thanks for that Freddie, I'm not ready to explain anything to her yet or ruin the image of her perfect son," I said.

"I know V," he said.

"I always meant to ask you, what happened that night of the grand opening?" I asked.