Chapter One Hundred and Eight: Before Us (Second Year)

Six years earlier...

V E R A

I sat in my room trying to study for the Herbology test we had on Monday.

"Vera!" Lilah yelled as she ran into our room.

"Why are you yelling? I'm studying," I said as I put my quill down.

"The twins told me that some Gryffindors from our year are throwing a party in the common room. We have to go," she said as she began changing into a purple jumper and black skirt.

"Lilah we have a test to study for, my parents already hate that I'm in Ravenclaw as it is. Getting horrible marks will get me disowned," I complained.

"Just for one hour V," she begged.

"I can't. You just wanna go to flirt with that one boy in Hufflepuff," I said.

She scoffed.

"I do not! V, it's time for us to start living our life," she said as she tied her hair up in the mirror.

"Lilah, we're twelve. We have our whole lives ahead of us to live," I said laughing.

"Come on V, I don't wanna go alone. Just this once," she pleaded.

I finally let her get to me.

"Fine. One hour, and I'm not changing," I said, putting on my shoes.

"Vera, you're wearing a designer sweater. You don't have to change," she said, finally turning around to face me.

***

We all sat around in a circle with a bottle in the middle.

Somehow Lilah and the twins convinced me to play spin the bottle at the party.

I hate party games. They always made me feel uncomfortable.

What made it worse was that Aria Kingsley and Adrian Pucey were in the circle as well. There's a possibility of the bottle landing on one of them.

Gross.

"Your turn Delilah," a blonde girl from Hufflepuff said.

Lilah nodded.

She spun the bottle. All the kids were waiting with anticipation on what boy got the chance to kiss Delilah Walsh.

The bottle finally stopped... on Aria Kingsley.

"You're joking," she said with such anger.

Kingsley didn't look too pleased either. Adrian was laughing at him.

Assholes.

"Let's just get this over with," he said as he scooted closer to Lilah.

I couldn't even watch them. I was embarrassed for Lilah because she hated Kingsley as much as I did.

I looked over to Fred and George who were just laughing at her the entire time.

That should explain their entire friendship. They all acted like siblings.

"Who's next?" Lee asked.

"It's Vera's turn," Lilah said as she continued wiping her mouth with the sleeves of her sweater.

I scoffed.

"Fine," I said as I spun the bottle.

It felt like the bottle was spinning for a while. Finally it began slowing down towards Adrian Pucey.