Chapter Five: Drunk Confessions

(Song: Snap Out Of It by Arctic Monkeys")

After crying for what seemed hours, I decided to take my mind off of him.

I sat at my desk replying to the letter Uncle Lucius sent me.

Dear Uncle Lucius,
So far it's been calming. I've been keeping an eye on Draco, so far he's doing okay. He's a good kid, don't be too hard on him. As for me, I've been getting good grades this year. So far, I've received O's in all my classes. Ezra and I are excited to come over for the holidays. I can't wait to see you and Aunt Narcissa at my birthday celebration. I miss you all so much.
Sincerely,                    
Vera

I put my quill down. I put the letter in an envelope and proceeded to the owlery.

As I got there, I spotted my owl Galileo.

After sending the letter, I began walking back to my room.
"Vera?" I heard it coming from behind me.

I turned around to find Fred behind me.

"Hey Fred," I responded.

"Have you seen George? I can't seem to find him," he explained.

He inspected my face a little more.

"Were you crying? Who did this?" he asked in an angered tone.

Fred was always protective over me. Even though both him and George were a couple of months older than me, Fred was always like an older brother to me.

"George and I got into an argument, and it didn't end well," I replied.

Fred stood there for a second examining the situation a little more.

"What about?" he asked.

"He was mad that I was going on a date with Cedric Diggory," I answered.

"That's it? He needs to grow up and understand that you are not a little kid anymore," he replied.

"Where the hell is he?" he added.

I shrugged and started playing with my bracelet.

"Fred, we found him. He was by the lake," Lee Jordan said.

Fred shook his head.

"He seems out of it," Lee said.

Both Fred and I gave each other confused glances as we both ran and followed Lee to the common room.

As we entered the common room, we were greeted by Oliver. George was sitting down on one of the couches.

"Fred! Vera! My two favorite people!" he said excitingly.

He got up and stumbled towards Fred and wrapped his arms around him.

"Woah Georgie, you smell wretched," Fred says holding George up.

I was distracted by something hanging out of his back pocket. I grabbed it.

"Smells like fire whiskey," I say holding up the bottle.

"Where the hell did he get that?" Oliver asked.

Lee shrugged.

"Doesn't matter now," Fred said. "Come on Georgie, off to bed" he continued.

He struggled to get George up the stairs, so I helped him out by grabbing on to George from the other side.

"What have you been eating?" Fred complained as we approached the last step.

I opened the door to the room and Fred dragged George to his bed, but not before George threw up on Fred's shirt.

"Fucking hell," he groaned.

"I'm going to clean up, keep an eye on him V" he said as he left to bathroom.

"Oh George, why are you mad at me?" I whispered as I looked over to him.

George was laying on his bed and he was looking at the ceiling.

"Vera darling?" he said.

I smiled.

"Yes, George?" I asked.

He quickly sat up on his bed. His shirt was stained from earlier.

"Do you like him?" he asked.

I dug through George's dresser to find a clean shirt, I finally picked out a red one with the Gryffindor crest on it.

I sat down next to George on the bed and gave him the shirt.

"I don't know George, my mind's been all over the place lately," I say.

George began taking his shirt off, but in his drunken state, he couldn't get his arm out.

I began laughing and shaking my head.

I helped him get his arm out of the sleeves then I put the new shirt on him.

I helped him get back into bed and under the covers then I sat at the foot of his bed.

"What about Emmy? You seem to like her?" I said looking at him, he was deep in his thoughts.

"Emmy's nice," he responded.

I nodded in agreement.

I lie down and put my hand behind my head.

"If she makes you happy George, then I see no problem with it," I respond.

I started hearing light snoring coming from him.

My eyes began fluttering shut as I grew more tired.

I fell asleep on George's bed.