Chapter Ninety Seven: Facing the Real World

(Song: Lights by Ellie Goulding)

"I really don't wanna go back," I said to Pucey

Our bags were all packed and ready to go. Everyone was already back at my dad's house, it was only him and I left.

"I know V, but it was fun while it lasted," he began, "We can take another holiday soon," he replied.

I nodded.

"I'll go first then," I said as I stood in the fireplace with a fistful of floo powder in my hand.

Goodbye Greece.

"Home," I said as I threw the powder down.

Green flames appeared and within seconds, I was back at my dad's house.

Everyone was sitting in the living room with lemonade and a slice of pie. Mimi was ready with my slice when I appeared in the fireplace.

"Vera is back! Vera eats some pie," Mimi said.

I smiled as I dropped my bag down to the ground and grabbed the plate.

"Thank you Mimi, I missed your cooking while I was away," I said as I sat down next to Ezra and Rosie.

That's when the fireplace lit up one last time with green flames. Adrian finally arrived back home.

"You made it," I said to him, "Mimi this is Adrian, Adrian this is Mimi," I replied.

"Pleasure," Adrian said.

Mimi handed him a glass of lemonade and a slice of pie.

"Thanks," he said as he made his way to the chair next to me.

We all talked for about fifteen minutes before we all had to go our separate ways. We said our goodbyes and promised we would get together one last time before Lilah and Jess left.

"What are you going to do today?" Adrian asked.

"Well, I've got to go check on the shop. So I'm heading home first to change," I said.

"Oh okay, I was thinking if you weren't too busy, we could go to your favorite restaurant for lunch," Adrian said.

I smiled.

"Like a date?" I said.

"Not exactly, maybe a trial date," he replied as he held my hand.

"Well alright, I'll meet you in Diagon Alley at noon?" I said.

He nodded then kissed my forehead once more until he apparated to his apartment.

I went to grab Galileo's cage.

That's when I slipped the bag over my shoulder and got ready to apparate back home.

"Thanks for everything Mimi, tell dad I'll come visit sometime this week," I said.

She nodded as I apparated back home.

The house was just as I left it, quiet.

"Kreacher?" I called out.

That's when the small house elf appeared right in front of me.

"There you are," I said.

"Vera's back, Kreacher will take Vera's bag," he said as he grabbed the bag from my shoulder.

"Thanks, I have to be at Diagon Alley in an hour. Need anything before I leave?" I asked.

Kreacher completely ignored me as he went into the laundry room to begin chores.