Chapter Forty One: The Boy In The Mirror

(Song: Undercover Martyn by Two Door Cinema Club)

We sat at our assigned tables as Dumbledore took his place at the podium in the front. Lilah and I sat anxiously as we waited for the names to be called.

Viktor Krum from Durmstrang...

Fleur Delacour from Beauxbaton...

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory," Dumbledore announced as the Hufflepuff table cheered. Cedric Diggory happily got up and shook Dumbledore's hand. I was happy for him, he seemed pretty excited about it.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the triwizard cup!" Dumbledore said.

Suddenly the goblet glowed red as flames began erupting. Another name flew out.

"Harry Potter." he said stunned.

Everyone grew silent as Harry was forcefully pushed to the front by Hermione. I looked over to Ron, he was pissed.

He went off to another room.

"You're all dismissed," Dumbledore said as he stormed off.

"How? He didn't tell you he was entering did he?" Lilah asked.

I shook my head.

Everyone headed out the door as I saw Fred and George having a small argument in the courtyard.

"How did he do it?" Fred asks.

"How the hell should I know?" George replied.

"You need to settle down, it's not the end of the world," Lilah said as we approached them.

"Easy for you to say Walsh, you wouldn't even want to enter," George said.

"True," Lilah replied.

That's when I saw Auden and Aria walking by holding hands. She looked me dead in the eyes as I gave her a smile. I will never forget what she did to my brother.

"I'll admit, they're perfect for each other," Lilah said.

"Yeah.You know, I didn't realize it would be hard to restrain you from a fight," George said.

"I told you Vera is ruthless, she destroyed both you and Camila. I needed Ezra and Ben to stop her from killing you," he said letting out a giggle.

George scoffed.

"She's a badass," Lilah said, putting an arm around me.

I laughed.

"She's also my girlfriend," George said, pulling me closer to him by my waist.

"Are you guys ready for the ball?" Lilah asked.

"The what?" Fred questioned.

"The yule ball? It's a tradition during the triwizard tournament. Weren't you guys paying attention?" Lilah questioned.

"Like with ballroom dancing?" George asked.

"Yeah, you also need a date," Lilah replied.

"Already have one," George said I scoffed.

"Oh really? I'll have to say yes first," I replied with a laugh.

"I'm planning on properly asking Jess, I already have a plan," she said.

"How romantic Lilah," I said as I awed at the idea.

I hoped George seemed to take notice of my excitement.