Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Six: From the Journals of Vera Eleanor Black

July

I've settled in quite well.

I love my new flat, the people were great, and my job was amazing.

It's only been a month but I miss everyone back home. I've been sending everyone letters like crazy. I was hoping to get one from George, but I guess that's not happening.

Angie told me that Fred cried when she told him the news. They've sent me a sonogram. The baby was the size of a lentil.

Dad and Thea are doing great. They sent me a care package a few days ago. I haven't been able to find my favorite sweets here so I'm thankful they sent some.

My coworkers invited me to a party this weekend. I'm very excited about that. I should probably go shopping for that today.

***

September

Lots of letters, and none from George. I should probably stop thinking about it at this point. I seem very desperate.

Ezra also told me that Draco reached out to him. He just wanted to see how he was doing. That's how he found out I moved abroad.

I hope he's doing well.

Jess is starting the season off well. Lilah is being a good wife. She's went to every game so far.

Adrian sent pictures of Maddie's 1st birthday. She looked so much like him.

Right now I'm aiming to get the newest issue to the printers tomorrow. Lots of work to be done.

By the way, Angie said the baby is the size of a grape now.

***

November

Happy Birthday Sirius!
I miss you.

Roxy's 1st birthday photos just came in. She looks so big. I bet she's excited to get another sibling.

A swarm of birthday cards came in. I thought the box was going to explode. I'm nineteen now.

Alicia sent me a photo of the orphanage. Right in the middle was Ian. She tells me he loved the Harpies Kit Jess and Lilah sent him.

Ben managed to send me an advanced copy of his book. Yes...HIS book. I couldn't believe it either. He dedicated it to his mum, dad, and Ezra.

How sweet.

And lastly, Angie and Fred are having a boy.

I couldn't be more happier for them.

***

December

I've never felt more lonely in my life.

The holidays were my favorite time in the wizarding world.

I just missed everything and everyone.

I've received Christmas cards from my friends. I also sent some cards and pictures back.

Dad sent presents early this year. A gift certificate for a designer store here in New York, a new pair of earrings, and money.

Lilah and Jess sent me a couple of snacks, I complained that they didn't have my favorite here.

The Harpies won the season, take that Wood!

Only a couple days until Ben's book hit store shelves, I'm planning on buying a couple more copies and giving them to some of my coworkers.

Sadie, my right hand woman, is absolutely precious. She's only 25 but she knows everything about the business. Then there were the staff writers Kenny and Renee, never met anyone more talented than these two.

Lastly there was Tanner. We first met in the lunch room where I accidentally spilled some coffee on the floor. He made some bad pun and then helped clean it up.

We hung out at the launch parties and the employee appreciation lunches.

He's a great guy and all, but I'm not ready to start something new.

Fred and Angie sent me another picture of Roxy in her Christmas sweater Molly knitted for her. It's a green one and matches with the twins.

The baby is a size of a bell pepper now.

And I haven't heard from Ezra recently, he's probably busy with work and visiting Rosie back in France.

***

February

Okay, now I'm beginning to get anxious.

I haven't heard back from Ezra yet, so I asked Ben about it. Ben hasn't wrote back yet but hopefully I can get this sorted out.

I have three months left already. Time goes by very quickly.

Lilah and Jess said they're going to have a surprise waiting for me when I get back, that's something to look forward to. I can just imagine til then.

Angie's telling me that they're bouncing around baby names. Fred, unfortunately, brought up the idea of naming the baby after himself. Not a big fan of the idea... Sorry Freddie.

Lastly, dad asked when it's okay to propose to someone. He's thinking about proposing to Thea. I'm so happy for him.

Maybe by the time we go on vacation, he'd try and propose to her.

***

Late February

The box is broken. I haven't received any letters and mine haven't sent.

Sending letters by muggle postal service could take up to a month.

There's no way I could make contact with anybody for the rest of this trip. Only a few more months to endure though.

I hope everything is alright.