32 | kickin' it old school

"All right, guys, your homework was to watch the video of the 'soaring crow' kata," Rudy said as they stretched before practice, "Let's see what you got. And — begin."

The guys started to do some random movements, some less graceful than others, while Azalea executed the movement perfectly.

"None of you watched the video!" Rudy accused them.

"You sat next to me when I did," Azalea deadpanned.

"Rudy, we're really busy at school," Jack defended.

"We're really busy with school," Rudy said in a baby tone, mocking him, "You want to feel pressure? Wait till you're my age," he continued while taking an envelope from the delivery guy who entered the dojo, "Trust me, no one gives you an award for being an adult."

Rudy opened the envelope and read the letter, "I don't believe it! I'm getting an award for being an adult."

"What do you mean?" Eddie asked.

"Seaford High is inducting me into its hall of fame," Rudy explained with a grin.

"Why?" everyone asked at the same time.

"Starting to lose it," Rudy said emotionally, his legs giving out underneath him which forced him to sit down on the bench, "Someone please read this."

Azalea took the letter from her brother and was about to read it when he interrupted her, "Read it with some pizzazz."

"Not gonna happen," she said, sitting down on the bench across from her brother, "We are pleased to formally acknowledge your contribution to the youth of Seaford through your leadership and commitment to physical fitness."

"In your face, mother!" Rudy shouted, looking up like he was looking into the sky.

"Mom isn't dead, Rudy," Azalea deadpanned before continuing, "And they're giving you a black tie pork chop dinner."

"Black tie? Pork chops?" Rudy asked hopefully while taking the letter back, "It's all happening so fast."

"Yeah, at this rate you will be invited to the MET Gala any day now."

☆★☆

"Hey, guys," Phil walked up to their table at Falafel Phil's, "I have favour to ask for you. My niece, Mika, she moved here from Hashmakistan. She will be ninth grader in your learning houses. And I was wondering if you would make the friendships with her."

"Of course, Phil," Azalea smiled and the boys agreed.

"Oh, thanks," Phil said, "There is something that I need to tell you though. I love her very much, but — She is, how do you say — ugly like a pig."

They shared a confused glance but Phil continued, "I will show you. Let me summon the beast," Phil let out a shriek, that sounded like something between a song and a very painful scream.

A similar shriek came from inside the kitchen, but this one was clearly female. Someone of a larger build backed out from the kitchen but then the person turned around it was a bearded man.

Idiots like they were, the boys screamed, thinking that was a fifteen year old girl. "That's a man you idiots," Azalea deadpanned.

"That is my new busboy, Rafael," Phil explained, "That is Mika," he added as a girl walked out of the kitchen and she was by now means ugly.

"If she is ugly like a pig, what are you?" Azalea asked Phil earning a small chuckle from Jack who was the only one not completely hypnotised by the girl.