61 | home alone in school

"Dude, why did you text us to meet you in the boiler room?" Jack asked as he and Azalea entered the boiler room. "They are handing out the new MyPads the school won."

"I still can't believe we had the highest test scores out of any school in the district," Azalea said, "It's moment like this that makes me worry about the future of - well - humanity."

"Just so you know, I'm the reason we won those MyPads," Jerry told them.

"You are?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, I stayed home on test day," Jerry said.

"Yeah, you did to that," Azalea said, "And so did an awful lot of the other - not so bright students. It's all starting to make sense now."

"So, what's up?" Jack asked.

"Ah, Mr. Roper combined two chemicals that he shouldn't have," Jerry told them, "Now the whole science lab smells like wet cat and rotten eggs."

"Are you sure that's not just Mr. Roper?" Jack asked him.

"Oh, it might be," Jerry said, "Either way, those kids are suffering and we got to clear that stink."

"I'm not really a helper," Azalea told him, "and how do you suggest we help from down here?"

"Oh, Lea, this is the nerve center of our school," Jerry said, "These valves, gauges, and switches control everything."

"Jerry, since when do you know things?" Jack wondered.

"It's in my blood," Jerry said, "I come from a long line of electricians, plumbers and fortune tellers. Jack, you will have a happy life filled with great accomplishments."

"Oh, and what do you have to say about my future?" Azalea asked him sarcastically.

"We should probably get to work," Jerry cleared his throat.

"Yeah, I haven't agreed to help yet," Azalea reminded him, "How do we know this isn't one of your pranks?"

"Lea, I would never trick you into helping me with one of those," Jerry said, "I promise."

Azalea still didn't fully believe him, but she gave him the benefit of the doubt. "Okay," Jerry clapped, "when I say now, Jack, you are gonna turn that valve, Lea; you are gonna pull that handle and I will drop this lever."

The three went to their positions, "Are you ready?" Jerry asked, "aaaand -  now."

The pipes started rattling and Jerry started giggling which made Azalea turn and glare at him. "Jerry, what the hell did we just do?"

Jerry just continued giggling. "I'm going to kill you," Azalea moved forward only for Jack to wrap his arms around her waist to hold her back.

"Let's not add murder to our problems."

☆★☆

"Just give it to me straight. I can handle it," Funderburk said, his yellow shirt completely soaked after Jerry's little prank.

"Sorry, we lost her, sir," the janitor said, referring to his private toilet.

"Noooo!" Funderburk sunk down on his knees, sobbing like a maniac, "Oh, I can't believe she is gone! She saw a side of me few ever did."

"It's like Rudy and Myrtle all over again," Azalea muttered.

The janitor rolled the toilet out of the room and Jerry decided to open his stupid mouth, "Man, look at this place. You got your own massage chair, flatscreen tv, sweet pool table. Solid man cave, Funderburk," he high fived the principal who wrapped an arm around his shoulder while laughing.