47 | the truth

"Hey, Rudy," Azalea said awkwardly, opening her eyes to see Rudy standing at the entrance of the dojo with the most horrified expression she had ever seen on his face.

Both teenagers was completely frozen for a few seconds until they realised the position they were in and Jack took a step away from her, coughing awkwardly.

Rudy looked between the two with wide eyes, his mouth opening and closing like a fish's, like he was unable to form a sentence at the moment.

"You —" Rudy pointed at Azalea, "and you," he pointed at Jack who suddenly found the floor to be very interesting.

"Rudy, before you say anything," Azalea said but was at short of words, "I — I'm gonna need a minute to come up with something good."

"Rudy—" Jack tried but was interrupted when Rudy finally seemed to come to his senses again.

"WHAT THE HELL?!"

"Please, let us explain," Azalea said, looking pleadingly at her brother who had an expression she had never seen before.

"Azalea, are you fifty?" Rudy asked calmly, which caught her of guard.

"No," she said slowly, sharing a confused look with Jack.

"Am I dead?" Rudy then asked, still very calmly.

"Eh, no?"

"Well-" Rudy said with a very tense smile, "someone is about to be," he said before he started charging towards Jack.

Before she could comprehend what was happening Jack grabbed her shoulders and placed her in front of him. "You are using me as a human shied?" Azalea gasped when he moved her in front of him.

"My little sister?" Rudy exclaimed, attempting to get to Jack but the brown haired boy continued to use her as a shield.

"Sorry about this babe. Love you," Jack apologised before he pushed Azalea forward so she knocked into Rudy before he dashed out of the dojo.

Azalea stumbled into Rudy who was forced to catch her in order to not fall himself. But just as fast her dropped her to the floor and ran after Jack.

"I'm going to kill you!" Rudy screamed.

☆★☆

Twenty minutes.

That was how long time it took before Rudy and Jack stumbled back into the dojo, both of them completely out of breath but otherwise unharmed.

Now Jack and Azalea were seated on a bench inside the dojo, with a generous distance between them, while Rudy stood in front of them with his arms crossed.

"Do you want us to talk, or should we just sit here in silence while you glare at us?" Azalea broke the silence.

"Don't be sassy, missy," Rudy pointed at her, "Now,
I want the two of you two explain what this is," he motioned between them.

"Isn't that obvious?" Azalea asked earning a hard glare from Rudy that made her shut up.

"We are together," Jack said honestly, "She is my girlfriend."

"Oh, okay," Rudy said calmly, too calmly, "Now when we have cleared that up, we can all just move on with our lives. Have fun."

"Are you sure-"

"OF COURSE NOT!" Rudy shouted, in his signature high pitched tone, "My sister and my Jack."