39 | all the president's friends

Everyone except for Jack sat gathered on some mats inside the dojo eating pizza while looking like they had gone through hell and back as Jack entered, coming back from his family reunion.

"Hey, guys," Jack said as he entered with a smile.

"Oh, hey, Jack," Azalea greeted him and the rest of the gang said their hellos, "How was your family reunion?"

"Good," Jack said, continuing walking until he realised how all of them look, so he stopped and took a few steps back, "What's going on?"

They all started to explain at the same time which created loud overlapping chatter that no one could understand so Jack interrupted them, "Guys. Stop. Hey, stop!"

When they had stopped talking he turned to Milton, "Talk to me, Lincoln."

"Well," Milton said, standing up dressed in his Abraham Lincoln costume, "It all started when Jerry got his new locker."

☆★☆

Jerry, Jack and Azalea made their way over to Jerry's new locker. "Dude, I can't believe you got locker 138," Jack said, "This is where the prettiest girls in school have their lockers."

"Oh, really?" Azalea crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yeah," Jack said, rubbing his neck, "You for example, have locker 139."

"Nice save."

"Yo," Jerry said bringing the two back to his locker as one of their classmates walked over to open her locker, "Hello, neighbour. Care to step into Club Jerry?"

Jerry opened his locker and salsa music started playing and Jerry danced while the girl looked mildly unimpressed. Then a hand came out of the locker and gave Jerry a fist bump which caused the girl to walk away.

Jerry gasped, "I have never been rejected by a girl that pretty. Not counting Azalea."

"Come again?" Jack asked looking between Azalea and Jerry suspiciously.

"I remember that," Azalea laughed, "You asked that scrawny little kid, Andre, to ask me if I wanted to be your girlfriend and I told him that it never would happen. 4th grade, good times."

"I think that was my first real rejection," Jerry said dramatically, clutching his heart in fake pain. Because even though Jerry flirted with almost every girl his feelings for Azalea was strictly platonic.

"And my first real rejection," Azalea said with a fond smile, "The first of many."

"Our school president, Frank, kicked me off the bus today, so I had to walk to school," Milton complained as he reached the group. "I got my first tardy."

Jerry laughed, "Awesome! Tardy party after school. I'll probably be a little late."

A Black Dragon walked by them and put a note on Jerry's locker saying 'Confiscation notice' and Jerry quickly walked over to read it, "No, no, no! Frank just had his Black Dragon goons confiscate my locker."

"Well apparently as president you can do whatever you want," Milton said sarcastically.

"If you don't like it, guys, the school election is in four days," Jack told them, "Run against him."