72 | invasion of the ghost pirates

"How cool is it that they found the remains of the feared pirate Longshanks when they added that new parking lot?" Milton said as they stood outside the dojo admiring the pirate exhibit.

"Hey, why did they call him Longshanks?" Jack wondered.

"Well, have you seen the man's shanks?" Milton deadpanned.

"I'm sure they are not that-" Jack turned around to look at the pirates' shanks, "Bro, those are some pretty long shanks."

"I love pirate fest," Milton told them, "A whole week of pirate fun, and it drums up business for the wharf."

"Yeah, but people just uses this as an excuse to dress up like pirates," Azalea pointed out, "It's like Halloween but only the weird ones that are a little bit too much into it dress up."

"No, they aren't weird," Milton protested, "I think they are exactly-"

"There be me scurvy dogs," Rudy said in a pirate voice, dressed like a pirate, "Arr!"

"Yep, little weird," Milton nodded.

"Uh, Rudy, I see you are really into Pirate Fest, huh?" Jack looked at their sensei, "You got the boots, the pantaloons-"

"Oh, yeah, I even had Fred the barber duct tape a couple of hooks to my hands," Rudy showed them proudly.

"What happens when you have to go to the bathroom?" Milton wondered.

Rudy looked at his hands, "I did not think this through."

"And none of us are surprised," Azalea patted his shoulder.

"I'm back, and I got 'em!" Jerry ran over to them.

"Milton, you muzzle Jerry, I'll get the flea shampoo," Jack said seriously and the two started to wrestle down Jerry.

"No! I don't have fleas again, guys!" Jerry yelled, pushing them away, "No, I got Mama G's tamales. I went all the way to Arizona to get 'am, and it was so worth it."

"Why would you go all the way to Arizona for some ground beef and soggy corn-" Milton stopped when Jerry pushed a tamales into his mouth. Without another word Milton started to walk away.

"Milton, where are you going-?"

"ARIZONA!"

"Milton relax, you are not going to Arizona-" Jack let out a pained groan when Milton twisted his arm behind his back, "If I have to, I will take your arm with me."

"Can I have one?" Azalea grinned and Jerry handed a tamales to her, "You are officially my favourite person in the world."

Jack winced as he rolled his shoulder and Jerry looked at him seriously, "Never, ever come between a man and his tamales."

"You had it coming, honey," Azalea said between bites.

"Be warned!" an elderly man yelled, "This wharf is cursed!"

"I hear that, you can't get a date either?" Rudy asked him.

"Three hundred years ago, a lunar eclipse caused Longshanks to crash into these very shores," the man told the crowd, "Beware the eclipse. It returns tonight and so will Longshanks - to take revenge on anyone found on this cursed wharf! BEWARE!" he yelled while running away.

"Well, that was weird," Rudy said and Jack chuckled in agreement. "Oh, no," Rudy then said, "Hey, Jack, we've been friends for a long time, haven't we?"

"It's a trap," Azalea muttered.

"Yeah," Jack said slowly.

"And you know I'd so anything for you-"